Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • carrera banshee
  • scraprider
    Free Member

My Sons got a 2008 banshee and the pivot bearings are fubard, could prolly do with a new bolt kit as well ,ive looked on ebay but cant find any, or am i best just going to halfords for them, cheers.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I probably wouldn’t go back to Halfords.

If you knock the old bearings out, you can measure them up – outer diameter, inner diameter and width and that should be enough to find some standard deep groove cartridge bearings. (Assume they’re bearings and not bushes) Wouldn’t have thought they’re too specific to the Banshee.

Somewhere like simplybearings.co.uk probably do something suitable.

scraprider
    Free Member

cheers will have a look at them , also need a bolt and slieve kit as well.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

you will find the rear end has warped slightly, found out mine was offset by 8mm and a bolt sheered off.

has he had any recent offs? the far rear bolt sheered whilst i was road riding, fairly scary just to have the bike drop to one side.

scraprider
    Free Member

top brgs ok, just need a bolt and slieve as its ridged a bit, bottom bolt stuck in the brg / housing so may need to get it drilled out, no offs as far as i know ,gave it a spin my self and was suprised how well it handled on the trails. cheers

ahwiles
    Free Member

if it’s a new-ish banshee, it’s the same frame as used by ‘The Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative’ – but i don’t know what they call it.

if you’re having trouble getting spares from halfords maybe the edinburgh bike people might be able to help you…?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘carrera banshee’ is closed to new replies.