• This topic has 121 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Jamze.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • Caroline Flack RIP
  • Suicide suspected.
    How sad. There’s too much of this going on.

robowns

Caused by the media – totals waste and massive shame.

sharkbait

Sad news. I do wonder how much was driven by the media and social media.
    Shouldn’t happen to anyone.
    RIP

Premier Icon lightfighter762
    Subscriber

RIP, what a waste.

Premier Icon mehr
    Subscriber

It was 100% media driven The Sun posted this yesterday null

Pigface

Awful news, poor girl.

MarkBrewer

If that is true it’s a bit of a shock. I know she’s had some problems recently but she always came across as quite a happy person, just goes to show you never truly know what’s going on inside somebody’s head 🙁

Always remembered her from doing Bo selecta rather than any of the more recent stuff, just realised how long ago that was 😯

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

Deleted what I typed. Another life lost for no reason. What her family and friends are going through, and will still go through if the press don’t give them space

sharkbait

…. If that was inconsiderate then I apologise….

Still a hell of a shame regardless of the reasons.

Premier Icon Rich_s
    Subscriber

This is the person awaiting trial for assault by beating, yes?

Premier Icon mehr
    Subscriber

@sharkbait I hope your theory is right so you can be a total **** in real life, as well as on the internet when you tell all your friends about your nieces best friend

Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

I’m afraid I have to own up to not knowing who or what Caroline Flack is.

But my missus seems to have been a bit moved/slightly shaken by the news of her death…

Premier Icon flange
    Subscriber

Without wishing to sound self absorbed, having suffered from depression, adding in scrutiny and bullying by the press would make an awful situation a million times worse.

Frankly it’s about time the press was held accountable for this sort of shit. Nasty hate rags like the Sun and Mail should be banned. Screw freedom of speech when it’s so frequently abused..

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Absolutely Flange and people who have know someone, who knows someone who once seen them.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

This is a human being who did something wrong and was going to pay for it, but is now dead at 40, yes?

zanelad

And it’s very likely people like you pushed her to it. **** me, she’s still warm and **** like you are putting the boot in.

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Very sad indeed.
    Her social media recently seemed to suggest a troubled soul, she seemed deeply affected by the alleged events with her boyfriend and being dropped from Love Island.
    We as a society need to start being better to each other, be that in person or online.
    Except to the tabloid media, we can be as nasty as we like towards those scum.

Didn’t she hit her ex boyfriend with a mobile phone and ended up being charged with assult with a weapon?
    Goes on every weekend and you never hear about till your are on the telly then become a target for the red top’s
    Thus becoming trial by tabloid, who basically say what they want and then retract it with a 3 line apology on page 22 hidden away in the small ads

And prejudiceing a trial by juryin the process

Not a person whom I watch / watched but its a job she had and did well from all accounts

damascus

Its sad when anyone fit and healthy dies no matter who it is.

The sad thing is all the young people want to be famous these days but fame and fortune doesn’t seem to bring many people happiness.

Be careful what you wish for.

What was the sun valentines thing? When I searched it didn’t work. Maybe the sun have taken it down.

Premier Icon Rich_s
    Subscriber

And it’s very likely people like you pushed her to it. **** me, she’s still warm and **** like you are putting the boot in.

Interesting that you felt the need to call me something like that. I’ve no real idea who she was. I needed to Google her – top link was the assault charge. No mention of that on the top 9 comments here. Thought I’d ask the question about the elephant in the room.

Anyway, I won’t bother to lower myself to your base level. Perhaps you can control yourself better in future.

Pigface

No idea who she was, did a google search and made a crass comment

Stay classy Rich

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Rich, benefit of the doubt, yes she was.
    But she had not been found guilt of any crime, yet had been relentlessly bullied by the media and social media. She had lost her job and been attacked mercilessly.
    This bullying has lead to her committing suicide.
    So yes, that was her and clearly she was not perfect.
    But she that does not excuse what happened to her.

nealglover

I needed to Google her – top link was the assault charge.

Seems unlikely. But you know, if you say so.

Premier Icon thered
    Subscriber

@Rich_S You’re fooling nobody, you’ve either tried to be funny, or been a bit of a scumbag about somebody who appears to have taken their own life after suffering from a degree of mental illness.

That said Zanelad has gone too far, the above does not warrant that response.

Let’s all be nicer to each other eh?

oreetmon

I’m not entirely sure why this woman is famous but I have heard of her due to the ‘daily sun’ or what ever that comic book for knuckle draggers is called. AFAIK, the ‘daily sun’ has been slating her for a while, as Tend to flick through the papers the uneducated leave lying around at work.

This article induces vomit

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10971333/caroline-flack-dead-love-island-took-own-life/

Poor woman, victim of ‘celebrity’ culture.

I hope her death is not in vain and is the start of change.

Premier Icon mehr
    Subscriber

Zanelad said nothing wrong. It’s people like @Rich_s who need calling out for the sitting in his (probably skid marked) pants making otherside/ concern trolling comments about people who kill themselves

Premier Icon slackalice
    Subscriber

Desperately sad.

First and foremost that someone so young saw no way out of where they were.

Secondly, the packs of wolves that loiter and wait for opportune victims, both in the press and social media, which includes this place.

oreetmon

Just had a look and I’m confused how the public comments regarding
    CF are closed,
    THE SUN seems happy enough for ‘people’ to comment on brexit or ISIS.

Premier Icon dannyh
    Subscriber

I’ve no real idea who she was. I needed to Google her – top link was the assault charge. No mention of that on the top 9 comments here. Thought I’d ask the question about the elephant in the room.

Oooooh you fibber.

Fancied a quick troll and went for it. Got called out, didn’t like it. Suck it up buttercup.

As for Caroline Flack – seemingly someone who had a lot to like about life – try to imagine how utterly low and awful she must have felt to do this. That is NOT something that should cause any other emotion than sadness.

damascus

The sun launch “you’re not alone” campaign but hound people who are struggling.

http://www.dontbuythesun.co.uk/site/

If we all stopped buying this kind of journalism then they would change the way they do business.

There are plenty of good publications out there without having to buy the sun.

Premier Icon dannyh
    Subscriber

If we all stopped buying this kind of journalism then they would change the way they do business.

Yep, but a prurient interest in the lives of even moderately famous people now seems ingrained in our insular culture.

The hypocritical hand-wringing now by the gutter press will be utterly nauseating.

Spitting image had it right when the tabloid journalists were all played by pigs in trench coats and trilbys.

Premier Icon jimmy
    Subscriber

Frankly it’s about time the press was held accountable for this sort of shit.

This is about the sum of it. Poor poor woman.

faerie

“She wrote on her Instagram account in October last year: “The last few weeks I’ve been in a really weird place… I find it hard to talk about it .. I guess it’s anxiety and pressure of life … and when I actually reached out to someone they said I was draining.” The Telegraph

crikey

…and here you all are, playing the game they want you to play…

xcracer1

RIP.

So sad to think that the only way out she felt was through suicide.

boabym

Bloody shame, bloody waste. Good looking wee lassie ruined by the media. Don’t post much but by Christ this needs to stop.

plus one

Social media/press have a lot to answer for 🙁

Premier Icon andy4d
    Subscriber

Sad to hear of another wasted life.

I really do worry how society is changing. A lot above rightly blame the press but I feel tv companies are not helping either with programmes like love island (big brother etc) where it’s all about playing with peoples emotions in a bid to drive viewing figures and column inches (I have never watched it but believe 2 contestants previously took their lives). Put all this with online social media like instagramm/ face book where people post how great things are/look at me type stuff along with the trolls and professionally outraged at the smallest thing, is it any wonder it drives people over the edge.

drnosh

I hope that she is at peace now.

I can’t start to imagine what her family and friends are going through right now.

RIP.

Premier Icon stumpyjon
    Subscriber

To take your own life requires a major level of mental distress, I’m sure the media had a major part to play in getting her to that state (in conjunction with her own actions).

I think there’s a much bigger issue here though around reality TV, of which Love Island is one of the more corrosive examples. There was a lot of debate around contestants mental health and support last summer. There’s also a lot of concern around the portrayal of relationships that younger viewers are getting some very unhealthy ideas about.

None of that makes her death in anyway deserved or OK but it is ironic that someone presenting Love Island has become a victim to the more negative aspects the contestants have experienced. The reality TV shows and gutter press feed off each other.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.