Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Carningli, Pembrokeshire – some great riding!
  • large418
    Free Member

Been down to St Davids and Newport (nr Cardigan) this weekend – usually try to ride over the Preseli's when I am there, but today went and had an explore over the Carningli's – brilliant fun. Loads of singletrack through the heather/gorse, technical climbs, and a great rocky descent back to Newport. Enough there for a couple of days riding, and it looked like it might even have been quite weather proof (but they hadn't had much rain for a few weeks). Got back and the only dirt on the bike is a bit of sheep sh1t.

geoffj

I've always wondered about the up the back of Newport. Don't suppose you have a GPS route of it do you? Heading down to St Davids again 1st 2 weeks of July. Would be good to take the MTB as well as the road bike.

large418
    Free Member

No GPS route, sorry, but if you can read a map, any of the bridleways from Newport seem to be good, I can give you map references (easier via email) if that's any good. Some of the footpaths look like they need keeping open as well…..

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Was staying just west of Newport (Aber Fforest) last weekend.

A trip over the Carningli bridleways, down into Cwm Gwaun, a loop of the Preseli's and back via Cwm Gwaun and Newport was excellent!

Some great rocky climbs and descents plus a great blow along the ridge.

Recommended if you're in the area :))

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Carningli, Pembrokeshire – some great riding!’ is closed to new replies.