• This topic has 65 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Carnation condensed milk
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Simple, mix it with a tin of fruit, splendid.

Or jelly.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Doug – bonbon is condensed AND steamed milk in Mainland Spain – Leché Leché in the Canaries.

GolfChick
    Free Member

late to the party but assuming you have the other ingredients (you probably dont) make rum n raisin fudge? I make it quite often for the OH, god I’m a good girlfriend!

gerti
    Free Member

FIFTEENS!

1 can condensed milk
    15 marshmallows (quartered if you cba)
    15 glace cherries
    15 digestives (smashed with a rolling pin / spare crank arm)

Mix all ingredients together, roll into, well, a roll. Fridge for as long as you can stand. Slice.

Served at all good Presbyterian coffee mornings in Belfast.

sparkyrhino

You Dirty B**tards. :mrgreen:

seosamh77
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    pfft, it’s caramel shortcake! mmmm caarrramel
    What the hell is that? Where’s the chocolate topping? Why has it got a crust?

Welcome to the real thing, not that nonsense you buy out of shops with the slab of chocolate up top, just taking away space for the cherished caramel! 😆

The crust/base, is merely a carmel delivery system! 😆

DougD

hammyuk – Member
    Doug – bonbon is condensed AND steamed milk in Mainland Spain – Leché Leché in the Canaries.

Interesting, I’ve not come across that when I’ve been on the mainland (Valencia region), only ever espresso plus condensed milk

Drac

I make my own and make caramel. Dulce de Leche isn’t caramel.

ninfan
    Free Member

Worth also mentioning that the squeezy tubes of condensed milk beat all the fancy energy gels hands down for paletability and value 🙂

CountZero

blader1611 – Member
    125ml condensed milk
    250ml of double cream
    Tablespoon of icing sugar

Beat with electric whisk for about 2 mins until thick and then add flavour of your choice and then freeze for a few hours and this makes gloriously creamy no churn ice cream. Currently having a salted caramel version.
    Woah! Gonna have to try that, haven’t snuck sneaky spoonfuls out of the can in the fridge for decades.

ninfan – Member
    Worth also mentioning that the squeezy tubes of condensed milk beat all the fancy energy gels hands down for paletability and value

Wait, what? It comes in tubes? 😯

chewkw
    Free Member

DougD – Member

hammyuk – Member
    Pillocks the lot of ya!!!
    Switch on Gaggia
    Pour 0.5-1cm of said goo into the bottom on an espresso glass
    Place under portafilter
    Switch on machine
    Fill
    Switch off machine
    Remove glass and stir
    SLOWLY
    Watching loveliness develop
    Drink
    Repeat
    You’ve just discovered Cortado Condensada

This. Aka cafe bombon. Phenomenal [/quote]

Aiyyaaa! Itu Kopi Susu Panas lahh! 😆

Cafe Bombon

Been drinking this since I was 7 yr old … until one day my primary school teacher threw my entire water bottle (1 litre of cafe bombon Borneo style) out the window … I had no clue why she did that and told my mum about it. My mum said the teacher was a crazy woman. 😆

mrsfry
    Free Member

Stab two holes in the top and suck from tin (like nature intended)

slackalice
    Free Member

Vodka. And not just any vodka…

It was referred to as Crazy Milk by the Polish yacht crew who moored alongside us after a race. Their skipper invited me, as a fellow skipper, to join him for a drink following a particularly hard weather race.

Crammed in the saloon of their boat, they produced several bottles of unlabelled Polish vodka and a few tins of this stuff of which you are referring too. I have no idea how much we consumed, but I recall waking up on the deck of my boat one morning. We were berthed in Amsterdam and my recollections are varied, including flying pizza’s.

Don’t really like the milk now.

globalti
    Free Member

When I was an English Assistant in Spain (employed by Opus Dei – oops!) I lived in the residence with some of the other students. Breakfast was a huge kettle of hot reconstituted condensed milk with a huge kettle of coffee, plus a big bowl of cheap biscuits or yesterday’s bread deep-fried and sprinkled with sugar. The idea was to fill your bowl with bisuits, add milk and coffee then stir it all up into a sort of massively calorie-laden gruel. Would be a good carbo-loading meal for cyclists.

tomd
    Free Member

The idea was to fill your bowl with bisuits, add milk and coffee then stir it all up into a sort of massively calorie-laden gruel.

😯 That sound filthy but strangely I want to try it.

stgeorge

I was trying to find tubes of the stuff and came across this ! 😯

“LE LAIT NESTLE
    dir Herve Joseph Lebrun; with Cyril X • 02/Fr 7m
    The simple thesis of this film is to compare a tube of Nestle sweetened condensed milk with a certain bodily fluid, and so we have a guy squeezing the tube, touching the sticky goo, tasting it, smearing it all over his face … and then on his bare bum. It’s completely ridiculous, grainy saturated imagery accompanied only by music and noise. And somehow it manages to actually eroticise a tube of milk! Yuck! 24.Mar.03″

perchypanther
    Free Member
    MoreCashThanDash

I used to love condensed milk, but that thing stgeorge posted up! 😯

hammyuk
    Free Member

Jesus! Id forgotten about that monstrosity!!
    Many a time on an early start climbing shovelling that in

Smudger666

cheesecake?

2 x 300g tubs of philadelphia cheese (full fat)
    1 x tin CM
    juice and grated rind of 3 lemons
    tin of blackcurrants (or fresh if you like)
    digestives and butter for base.

usual biscuit base in a cake tin, fridge 1 hour
    whisk the cheese and CM till its runny and no lumps, pour in 3/4 of the lemon juice and rind, whisk. if it thickens, chuck in the blackcurrants, whisk and pour onto the base. if not, add a bit more lemon juice.

fridge 1 hour.

nom.

chewkw
    Free Member

tomd – Member

globalti – Member
    The idea was to fill your bowl with bisuits, add milk and coffee then stir it all up into a sort of massively calorie-laden gruel.

That sound filthy but strangely I want to try it. [/quote]

A clue for you is to only use Jacob cream crackers either the square or oval types. Not rich tea biscuits.

Yeap! Used to do that all the time as breakfast etc … much better and healthier than your cornflakes.

Thinking of it I think we were influenced by the Spanish (one of our region called Malaka (Malaga in Spain) was a Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch and finally British colony) …

globalti
    Free Member

These were cheapo shortbread type biscuits made with masses of greasy hydrogenated vegetable oil. In fact I wouldn’t glorify them with the name “biscuit”, they were more like fat and flour pellets.

My room mate and I managed to, er, gain access to the kitchens one night when we were feeling hungry. We found the catering bucket of condensed milk, which of course we looked into, and we were amazed to find the surface covered in dozens of ants, which were running around somehow without sticking to the surface. Ugh.

hammyuk
    Free Member

chewkw – if you think thats healthier for you than cornflakes – you have serious issues….

CountZero

mrsfry – Member
    Stab two holes in the top and suck from tin (like nature intended)

I have a penknife that’s got a short pointy blade with a sticky-out bit on for doing exactly that, belonged to a family member who was killed at Arras in 1917.
    So it’s going to be a toss-up between doing things the old-fashioned way, or with a new-fangled tube. Which is a bit close to cheese in a tube, perhaps.
    Still, the tube is easier to carry around…

mrsfry
    Free Member

£1.10 for the squeezy tube in Tesco……i feel sick 🙁

( blooming worth it 8) )

kcal

mix with jelly, get my mum’s patent “fluffy pudding” (use a whisk, as well).

Or as above make tablet.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Carnation condensed milk’ is closed to new replies.