Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Carlton Hill Edinburgh
  • Offroading
    Free Member

Heading there tomorrow afternoon for a looksee, anything else to do up that area ? Showing someone around and i can't for the life of me think of whatelse there is (probably forgetting lots!)

Ta.

GW
    Free Member

You mean Calton Hill?

er.. cruising

Dougal
    Free Member

Best take some KY.

Arthurs Seat as an alternative? Nice easy little hill with some fun (optional) scrambles.

Stu_N

Calton Hill is fine during the day and a nice viewpoint along Princes Street.

Wouldn't go there after dark though, well, not unless I wanted some manlove with a stranger and that desire has passed me by so far 🙂

Can walk from there to Holyrood, up Arthur's Seat and Salisbury Crags and out by the Commie Pool into Newington and back across Meadows into the city. Once you get out the student bit there's plenty of nice cafes and so on in Marchmont/ Bruntsfield.

Depends what you're after really. Meant to be a nice day anway.

If you're up in late morning/ lunchtime, Farmer's Market on Castle Terrace is worth a look as well (opposite end of the city centre to Calton Hill though).

Northwind

It's a lovely spot during the day… There's nothing actually there but there doesn't have to be really. Mind you I'm never up there except for Beltane now, but that shock of being on a nice green hill with trees, then rounding a corner and having the whole city there never gets old. It's a bit more effective at beltane mind with fire and darkness and crazy people :mrgreen:

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Despite it being a monumental waste of money the parliment is worth a visit, inside more than out.

Not sure if open at weekend, prob not, lazy work shy MSP wasters.

GW
    Free Member

nothing there? ha ha.. try going up straight/sober in daylight! 😉 You'll find there's a house, an obsevatory, shed loads of monuments and Edinburgh's disgrace for a start.

Offroading
    Free Member

Err yes Calton Hill

I would prefer Arthurs seat to be honest but she isn't too keen on going up, doesn't have appropriate shoe wear or something!

I know about it's Rep at night, but in the day the view is good.

The farmers market would be good, did not know it was on. Shall pay it a visit. Just need to think of something else in the vacinity now ❓

Northwind

Gw wrote, "You'll find there's a house, an obsevatory, shed loads of monuments and Edinburgh's disgrace for a start. "

Nothing really worth seeing I mean, after all you see the disgrace and the observatory from all over edinburgh and they're not very interesting up close. Nice place for a walk though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Carlton Hill Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.