Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Career coaching for adults?
  • doris5000

My buddy is a 40 year old DJ and producer.

Now that pretty much the entire music industry is on hold, he is having a pretty serious rethink about what to do next. He’s never really had a normal job.

He’s a very smart bloke, fairly analytical, bit of a workaholic. He’d be a good fit somewhere. But where do you start? Presumably there are people out there who can help you figure this stuff out?

Any ideas?

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Subscriber

I’d be interested to know myself.

I’ve had a fairly decent career, but I’ve always struggled to quantify my skills or indeed what my job is half the time. I do so a massively diverse amount of things, usually I get called ‘the sales guy’ but I haven’t really been in sales for years.

brooess

This is a good book. Starts from the bottom up – who you are, what’s important to you and what you love doing.

How To Get A Job You Love

Under current economic circumstances I think formal jobs might well be a bit thin on the ground for a year or so, and any jobs that are available will have massive numbers of applicants, so it may be best to think about how you can create an income based on your skills and experience and then setting up on your own

brooess

Just to add, I qualified as an executive (work-based) coach a few years ago so I’m happy to help out with a couple of sessions if that would be of any use – my email address is in my profile.

Premier Icon dovebiker
    Subscriber

I set up a coaching programme as part of my last job in a large corporate. Get your mate to complete something like a Career Anchors questionnaire by Edgar Schein – you’ll find a free version online as it will help facilitate any conversation with a coach. A good coach won’t actually give any specific direction, but will help signpost their journey to make the right choices.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.