Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Career change at 40 – how do I become a hippy?
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Dear Singletrackworlders,

I’m 40 and I’ve been in my boring job or 16 years. I knew I couldn’t do it forever and due to a whole load of crap things that have happened over the last two years, now is the time to try something else.

I’m looking at various possibilities but quite fancy becoming a hippy. What’s the best route into it for someone my age? Would anyone care to share their experiences?

Thanks.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Grow a beard, smoke some weird stuff and have a massive shit in the woods.

jam-bo

Move to totnes.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Move to Nimbin

I’ll join you

uselesshippy
    Free Member

It’s overrated.

Drac

Stop eating and wearing animal products, call anyone that does a murderer and you can’t possible love animals then become an argumentative git on forums.

qwerty
    Free Member

Just turn on, tune in & drop out like any other prankster would.

sirromj

If your definition of hippy is maleable enough, stretch it to holding your arm up for world peace for the next 40 years.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Stop eating and wearing animal products, call anyone that does a murderer and you can’t possible love animals then become an argumentative git

I thought Morrissey was a nazi, not a hippy.

RustySpanner

If you’ve reached 40 without any signs of hippydom, it’s just too late fella…..

It’s not about the width of your trousers, it’s about the breadth of your mind, innit?

Drac

I thought Morrissey was a nazi, not a hippy.

He took it too far.

seosamh77
    Free Member

GlennQuagmire

Grow a beard, smoke some weird stuff and have a massive shit in the woods.

Eeeeerm sounds like I’ve been one all along! 😆 who knew!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Turn on, tune in, drop out…

scaredypants

you’ll need to know the difference between a hippy and a jointer

see you in a bit

Three_Fish
    Free Member

That’s funny cos it’s true

rickonwheels
    Free Member

Don’t – it’s exhausting having such an open mind. I’m going to quit being a hippy and become a bitter, narrow minded twunt.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Buy a van drive to Morocco.

funkmasterp

Drop a shit load of acid and listen to Jefferson Aeroplane

Edukator
    Free Member

Get shell to hang around your neck, a stout stick made from a knarly branch, a tatty rucksac and some baggy hippy clothes with a religious touch and start walking to Compostelle. People will feed you, take pity on you when you sit and beg, house you, girls will **** you cos you’re cool and may decide to accompany you (they may be well off and decide you’re such a good shag it’s worth paying your way). Having seen this done I can’t see many downsides apart from the Edukators of this world thinking you’re a paracite, and that’s more of a win than a downside.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

http://youtu.be/lm-DK0gwXdw

I’ve found this instructional video to help you

fasthaggis

Pack yir bag and hitch up north,Findhorn needs you.

Del

Move to Tavistock

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Spoon out your brain, feed it to your dog and replace it with a lump of drug.

Then migrate your vocal chords to your rear end, on the way to becoming someone nobody in their right mind should trust as far as they could spit their bathroom.

maccruiskeen

uselesshippy Member

It’s overrated.

I think the issue is more that you’re not very good at it.

PrinceJohn

It takes skill & a lot of commitment. Firstly sell all your worldly possessions, then start hitching across Europe, with only the clothes you stand up in.

Bum mind altering drugs off people, befriend someone famous (maybe Miley Cyrus – help her find herself) or start smuggling drugs. Start writing a book about your experiences, get the book published. Live out your remaining days in a super expensive mansion raping the planets resources.

footflaps

I thought Hebden Bridge was hippy central…

Edukator
    Free Member

Nah, Todmorden.

Has anyone else ever noticed that Todmorden is made up of the German words for death and murder.

molgrips
    Free Member

Move to Glastonbury.  You won’t need to give up your job – you can work 9-5 and still feel like you’ve dropped out.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Career change at 40 – how do I become a hippy?’ is closed to new replies.