• This topic has 302 replies, 270 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by gonzy.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 303 total)
  • Care to explain your choice of username?
  • bearnecessities

I loved mine.

After doing Liverpool to Leeds in a day:

Cougar

Well, hello Mr Myrag.

Wax on, wax off.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I am big and gorgeous

deadkenny
    Free Member

South Park

That simple. Old forum name I’ve been using since the show started and just stuck with it as can’t be arsed to think up a new one.

Though the joke is well worn (they stopped killing Kenny years ago, at least regularly).

As I say sometimes – I’m not dead (I think), and my name’s not Kenny 😉

crapjumper
    Free Member

I’m sh1te at jumps

hairyscary

It’s how my ex’s 2 year old daughter used to describe me. I may be hairy but I don’t think I’m scary.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Well, hello Mr Myrag

Hello, but it’s M’yrag, Papa was Flemmish

sillyoldman

Daughter called me this when she was about 3 or 4.

Kinda stuck.

bearnecessities

Hello, but it’s M’yrag,

Myrag was funnier in my head, but I’m a bit special like that.

Hello Mr M’yrag 🙂

sweepy
    Free Member

When I joined my first internet forum it asked me for a username and I looked out the window and saw our regular blackbird. He had been visiting since he was a juvenile and had been dubbed ‘scruffy’.
    He was the first thing I saw so that was my name.
    When I joined here I wanted a new user name, Scruffy was the name of the janitor in Futurama, and as we learned in Family guy the new janitor will be Sweepy.

tomhoward – Member
    I really like elephants and collecting stamps

I knew it was something like that 🙂

Saccades
    Free Member

I read the “curious incident of the dog in the night” I think it was in morzine (had read my book and CIDITN had been left in the chalet so I swapped as it looked the least crap book there) and thought it was brilliant/hilarious that your brain lied to you all the time.

saccades is the eye moving from fixed point to fixed, however the brain can’t cope with the moving picture so it turns off/ignores what you see whilst the eye is moving and puts a nice picture of what it thinks is there instead (kinda).

A bit like when the A-team break into a place and put a polaroid over the security camera.

My old avatar name (manaic5) was a 1 off story in 2000ad that is a better name as a kid I feel. Saccades was pretty much untaken on the web too.

TOTT

cloudnine
    Free Member

For my skillz inventing hair tools..

jemima
    Free Member

I feel I should. But I think really there is no good or easy explanation. It was just something that was in my head when I filled in the webform all those years ago and now I’m stuck with it…

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Lady G – and there was me thinking you were related to Sir Nigel.

I’ll leave you all to guess.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

shitpipe

gordimhor

It’s a cod gaelic version of my nickname Big Gordi – gordimhor

beej

BJ was taken.

dustytrails

Cos it’s what we all? hope for when going for a blast!!

matt_outandabout

An old employer, many years back, just as we were starting to use email and unable to access work server other than in the office(!), set up an email account for all staff of myname_outandabout at hotmail.com. When I left I just kept it as my email account.

Waderider
    Free Member

Mine is a contraction of “why don’t you deride her”, because that is what I was saying to General Caulfield whilst I was setting up my profile on the site.

As an aside, I live close to this. Mind you, I didn’t when I picked the name, but I kept cycling back and forth over the Corrieyairrack.

bazwadah
    Free Member

Real names Barry, get called Baz by some people. Years ago I worked with a guy who took great delight in carrying out suprise attacks on me to check my reflexes ( think Kato from The Pink Panther..). One day he hid in a service lift that I mistakenly thought was too small for a person to hide in, when I opened the door he launch at me shouting “bazwadah!”. Use it a lot as it tends to be available as a username

Squirrel

My FIL used to say I’m like a squirrel. Long periods of inactivity and occasional frantic bursts of full-on action 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I have feet
    I like cheese

spooky_b329

I rode a Spooky Bandwagon. Frame number was b329.

Sold it about 13 years ago…Matt Black with Green Marzocchi’s. Who’s got it, someone must have it lying in their garage!

takisawa2

It’s a CNC machining centre I worked on many years ago.

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Creaking Door is the name of the Lancaster bomber in the novel Bomber by Len Deighton.
    If you only ever read one more book, ever, make it this one.

stgeorge

Lived in St Georges Close

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Pimpmaster Jazz

Your name is forever in my head. At a former workplace we all had employee numbers that were also our log in for the computer system, payroll stuff, online training courses, all sorts of shit they made us do. Three ‘random’ letters and 6 numbers; mine was PJM11xx12 (better not reveal in case someone else works at the same place and the number’s still live somewhere)

Oddly, it wasn’t until just reading your reason why it came about I’ve just realised that your name is Pimpmaster jazz which would be PMJ, not PJM. Thus making my mnemonic utterly irrelevant.

Thankfully I’m over you now anyway so the discrepancy doesn’t matter.

Can someone post a ‘Cool Story, Bro’ for me?

Seems apt. And I’m touched. 😆

joat

… master of none.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Every girls dream to be called Mrs Fry. Just the type of chap you could hug till Tuesday

devash
    Free Member

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Devash

Basically a word me and a mate coined decades ago at school.

The reason why I ended up using it on here was because we’d both bought tickets to do the Isle of Man E2E a few years ago but he buggered his knee in training so we had to drop out and sell our tickets, which we both thought was a bit devash.

As a long time lurker, I signed up on here to put my ticket on the for sale forum and ended up sticking around.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I like boiled eggs,

cardo

This was my nick name on a site I worked on and was scrawled on my hard hat, locker & tool box.. Created by shortening Ricardo to Cardo
    Its a more pleasant name compared to some of the others that were handed out and stuck to my colleagues.

juanking

Errmmm.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of classic Westerns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Cooper

dufusdip
    Free Member

Used to do lots of motorbike track days and the first corner at knockhill always scared the crap out of me. Found I’ve been miss-spelling it for the last decade this week and it should have a double ‘f’… Doh!

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I was jimbosussexmtb before the hack

Then I bought a cove hummer

crewlie

I used to be a dentist, and liked hurting people…but they made me stop:(

batfink
    Free Member

My wings are like a shield of steel….. Obvs

timber

Because I work with trees.

And pre hack was something like tim_b, which sounds much the same if you pronounce the b phonetically.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 303 total)

The topic ‘Care to explain your choice of username?’ is closed to new replies.