• This topic has 302 replies, 270 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by gonzy.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 303 total)
  • Care to explain your choice of username?
  • ferrals
    Free Member

Just my real world nick name. Used it on various fora over the years. not particularly exciting!

neilthewheel

My name is Neil and I ride bikes.

jjojjas
    Free Member

wifes Jo I’m Jas.

khani
    Free Member

My names Kha, and I am a Knight of Ni..
    Ni
    Ni
    Ni
    NiNiNiNiNi…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cajun spicey rice, simple everyday food from the Bayou around New Orleans. I spent a few epic weekends there watching American football, listening to music, eating and definitely drinking too nuch. Happy times. Its generally my forum name and called my sailing boats Jambalaya first of all.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Named after my dog…but I’m not going to tell you what his name was.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Mine came about because I groomed well before going out, had an affiliation for the finest 70s clobber and could apparently get away with advances on the fairer sex others couldn’t. Then I DJ’d (in the loosest sense of the word) at a friend’s party before he left for Australia and Pimp, Master of the Jazz (because I played an abundance of 70s jazz-funk and some jazzy hip hop) came about.

It was cemented as a DJ while dwelling in that there London where I played a few sets for London Surf Club socials (before the real DJs arrived that could actually mix) and became my nom de plume in forumland on Bikemagic during the days of legend.

As a Dad with a ‘proper’ job it seems a little daft now, but there you go. I still like 70s shirts and jazz-funk, so I guess there’s still an element of relevance.

blader1611
    Free Member

I was an early adopter of ski blades many moons ago when i got bored of boarding/skiing. Suffice to say i was awesome at it so when people ask what winter sport i do/like i used to just say,tongue in cheek of course, “I’m a blader”. I just added my football shirt numbers at the end to make it long enough for some other forums.

CountZero

Did have an alternative back before The Big Hack, when such antics were possible, but it kept causing login issues between different platforms, and after the Hack I kept this one.
    I really wish I’d gone with the other one I used, I’m really rather bored with this one, although not with the book.
    Having said that, there’s another username I’ve got for other places, which I’d use for continuity reasons, given the opportunity.

lovewookie

I am the wookie of love.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I enjoy kayaking in Newport, Pembs.

pondo

Known as Pond or Pondy since I was a ickle boy – Pondo is a 21st century affectation of the same.

Harry_the_Spider

Is this a cunning plan to get Fred to reveal his her new name?

mechanicaldope

Just feels appropriate on a number of different levels…

bearnecessities

bear-uk – Member
    Because I poo in the woods

We should hook-up.

1981miked
    Free Member

Mine is really boring and self explanatory.. Year I was born and my first name and initial of surname.

Wish I had been wittier when I signed up many years ago!

mt
    Free Member

its a very accurate description of the contents of my head.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I thought I was a Goon character but it would appear not. 😥

bearnecessities

Wish I had been wittier when I signed up many years ago!

Until just now, I’ve always read your name as 1981Milked 🙂

That said I also read Scotroutes as ‘Socrates’ in my head, so maybe I’ve just got something munching on a vital part of my brai<collapses>.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

It’s was my icebreaker question at parties , instead of asking ‘what do you study’ etc I would ask them how their dad was .

As I got older the answers got a little more awkward so dropped it .

bigblackshed

Mine’s fairly self explanatory. But it came from a friends first reaction to seeing The Shed. I’ve used it for 15+ years on different forums. One of the band forums where we meet up regularly first did the shortening to BBS, which happened here too.

On forum meet ups, and by those people who have become good friends, I’m known as Shed. Outside in the real world I’m not.

teasel
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member

bear-uk – Member
    Because I poo in the woods

We should hook-up. [/quote]

Very niche…

theotherjonv

Pimpmaster Jazz

Your name is forever in my head. At a former workplace we all had employee numbers that were also our log in for the computer system, payroll stuff, online training courses, all sorts of shit they made us do. Three ‘random’ letters and 6 numbers; mine was PJM11xx12 (better not reveal in case someone else works at the same place and the number’s still live somewhere)

Oddly, it wasn’t until just reading your reason why it came about I’ve just realised that your name is Pimpmaster jazz which would be PMJ, not PJM. Thus making my mnemonic utterly irrelevant.

Thankfully I’m over you now anyway so the discrepancy doesn’t matter.

Can someone post a ‘Cool Story, Bro’ for me?

shermer75
    Free Member

Shermer High is the school in The Breakfast Club, the greatest film ever made 🙂

northernerindevon

I’m a displaced Northerner who was living in that there Devon before a move up the M5 to Brizzle

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

2007 crashed in Morzine, tore ankle ligaments.

2009 crashed in Morzine, snapped off Tibial plateau (end of tibia inside knee).

2011 crashed in Wales, snapped off elecronon (tip of elbow) and with it a tricep tendon.

tomhoward

I really like elephants and collecting stamps

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I’m neither green ,particularly smiley,nor a giant.Im thevresult of a totally spur of the moment thought process on registering.I’m Jolly green giant,for no other reason that my bike was a green giant xtc and that made me think of the green giant associated with frozen peas…..

unknown
    Free Member

Don’t know.

SaxonRider

A lot of my academic work centred on the Saxon world, and my ancestry is almost entirely drawn from the Germanic North. And I ride bikes.

Saxon + Rider = SaxonRider 8)

fettlin

Cos I spend more time fettlin than I do ridin.

Or something…..

Edukator
    Free Member

Die Fetten Jahre Sind Vorbei. A film about the Edukators.

yossarian
    Free Member

It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.

mattbee

First name Matt, second begins with a b. Always called it at school as a friend was Matt C. Someone already had mattb pre hack so I went with the bee & stuck with it post hack.
    Exciting, huh?

Cougar

Hopefully not really banned

Sometimes I worry that people take me far too seriously.

Is this a cunning plan to get Fred to reveal his her new name?

If you’re alluding to who I think you’re alluding to, then I don’t think it is. Or at least, if it is, he’s passed the Fredchdel Test thus far. At any rate, that user isn’t a monumental pain in the harris. Spam-killing him and thus deleting his entire output for the last six months seems to have finally got the message across.

I expect I’ll be proved wrong almost immediately now.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

It’s my real name…

… well maybe not, the title was bestowed upon me by a very dear friend (who passed away far too young, 12 years ago) who was known as the Earl of Cambridge (maybe not his real name either). It referred to where I lived at the time.

tillydog
    Free Member

Joined up with the name I’ve used on forums since the year ‘dot’ (about 1995). Didn’t visit for a while, and couldn’t remember my passowrd, so re-registered in the name of a domestic pet.

Anyway, I’m really keen to find out if “Fathomer” originates from:

a) Fathom-er, as in one who fathoms things out;

OR

b) Fat-Homer – as in

(I’ve been meaning to ask for ages…)

Gary_M
    Free Member

I didn’t want a trying too hard to be funny username so just used my surname in reverse.

bearnecessities

Well, hello Mr Myrag.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

its what i rode at the time 🙂 … Stumpjumper m4

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 303 total)

The topic ‘Care to explain your choice of username?’ is closed to new replies.