Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Card cloned – cycling/sports stuff anyone else?
  • stevextc
    Free Member

My mum bought Jnr some new body armour (Wiggle) a week ago using her visa debit.
    Since then she has had a load of fraudulent transactions on her card.
    I’d not have connected the two together except one of the fraudulent transactions was a company with “suspension” in the name (she’s written down names with a conversation with the bank fraud line but not full names).

The rest was more general sports including a Eurosport and Reebock etc, but just wondering if anyone else has any? Lots of small transactions but £500 in total!

stevextc
    Free Member

Just on the above, just checked Wiggle and I had saved my mum’s card… Just deleted mine as well.

anagallis_arvensis

Remember something posted about wiggle a few weeks ago, prompted me to change password, cant remember what it was.

Del

not having a pop and i can’t really help but credit cards are really good for this sort of thing. particularly amex. hope she get’s it all sorted out ok.

stevextc
    Free Member

not having a pop and i can’t really help but credit cards are really good for this sort of thing. particularly amex. hope she get’s it all sorted out ok.

Yeah … I had my Amex platinum on, I just phoned them and selected “other” and talked to a nice bloke in Brighton just to check… checked everything and all OK.

A few years ago I had a scam on my bank account whilst I was between Houston and Heathrow and next morning was on the Eurostar.. got to Gare du Nord and card blocked… and had to get a flight from CDG.. Bank were worse than hopeless… asking for all sorts of information I didn’t want to shout about whilst outside GdN … called Amex to check and nice bloke say’s “I see you are calling from abroad.. would you like me to call you back”… then they did everything for me … all very positive.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

The mystery Wiggle card fraud user is back again… Not seen a post like this since ~5+ years ago on bikeradar! 😮

jamj1974

I never save my card details with any retailer…

stevextc
    Free Member

I don’t remember either unless it was part of the ordering process… what’s more interesting is I went to check CRC and they don’t save them.

w00dster

Just out of curiosity are you running the latest anti virus and malware on your mums machine? Might not actually be the vendor where the fraud occurred.
    The name suspension may just be a coincidence.
    Could well be Wiggle, but might be worth checking everything is as it should be on your mums device.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Card cloned – cycling/sports stuff anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.