Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • carbonzone componants
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Of ebay ilk….

Im tempted by a set of their 88mm carbon tub roadie wheels – i believe carbonzone supply planet x with their wheels as oppose to the gigantex rims other companies use ?

any one got any reasons not to – or any other suppliers to try? – gigantex 80s are 225 quid each just for the rim so out of question.

trail_rat
    Free Member

no one ?

chief9000
    Free Member

Lets see the link. I would certainly do my research if I was going to buy carbon rims from a company which I know little about. We put generate a great deal of heat during braking on long descents and not all matrices will resist this. You need to be sure their materials are well specified and are what they say they are.

trail_rat
    Free Member

should maybe clarify that they are for my TT bike which does VERY little braking- occasional corners.

its just carbonzone on ebay.

they have 88s and 50s – a few frames and some bars. good feedback but other than an affiliate to “inferior” planet x rims made by wheelsmith – not seeing much real world feedback on their wheels

i wouldnt be rushing to spec them on a road bike.

paddy0091
    Free Member

88mm? fair enough, but you know you won’t be able to ride those on at least 88% of the time in the UK?

never heard of the brand before, but most likely they’ll be the same as all the other carbon wheel brands on eBay. Cheapish/heavy , but I hear they ride pretty well.

Spares can be an issue. Google search: wheelsmith

paddy0091
    Free Member

ahh, just seen your above post 😉

damitamit
    Free Member

People on the forums (Weighweenies, Bikeradar) seem to like the carbon wheels from Farsports.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=87659&sid=dc73bab99d36bf6e3428784d84fad84d

I bought my FM028 carbon frame from Carbonzone a couple of years ago and they were good to deal with. It also arrived much quicker than I had expected.

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of 50mm kooka rt1 carba tubs. Used them for road and crit racing and now cyclocross and they’ve been flawless. Novatech hubs.. around 1300g spares are easy to get

trail_rat
    Free Member

hub spares dont bother me – they are novatec hubs – spares are easily availible if you know what your looking for.

timetrialingforum (a place i try to stay out of) seem to rate them longterm.

for 250 quid it might be worth a punt

paddy0091
    Free Member

yeah, be good to hear how you get on with them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘carbonzone componants’ is closed to new replies.