Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Carbon – “The Black Magic” – Pics
  • B@rney
    Free Member

I love Carbon – Is it me or is there something about the black stuff??
    Bikes, parts, etc – anyone got any nice pics?

njee20
    Free Member

Pretty much everything was carbon on my old Epic:

The new one’s got an alu stem, top cap and bar ends, as they actually weigh a fair bit less than the carbon ones. It looks nice, but it’s not always the best material!

B@rney
    Free Member

Your right – you can go wrong and stick carbon in the wrong places. It just does’nt work or cost effective my tune alu bar ends are much lighter than any carbon versions, as is my FSA stem. Both cheaper too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    njee20
    Free Member

Except for the 60g AX-Lightness stem, but that’s discontinued.

My Smica bar ends won’t crack like your Tune ones, weigh less and are only £15!

B@rney
    Free Member

Yeah the AX is a class part, could’nt get one. Your Smica are the same weight I believe, but yeah you beat me on price !! Bargain. My tunes are holding up very well, only issue was fitting them as they slipped a bit at first.

njee20
    Free Member

You do actually need to look out for that, I’ve heard of 3 cases of the bar ends cracking along their length, starting from the clamp, Tune say it’s because of ‘undersize bars’ and the subsequent overtightening.

I’ve got alu bolts in mine, saves a bit more 😉

B@rney
    Free Member

Yeah the red n black theme. Very impressive. Mine has a chap on a bike riding with 1 hand, oh and the logo of course. That’s worth at least -5g. ha ha ha

pinches
    Free Member

i like to go for a mix of carbon and CNC alloy. i think too much carbon looks “tacky”

B@rney
    Free Member

tacky????? I think as above – a nice mix is good pinches, I’ve got some lovely Knc jockey wheels that compliments. Pinches do you have a carbon frame?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Carbon – “The Black Magic” – Pics’ is closed to new replies.