Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Carbon posts & comfort
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Did the Lakeland monster CX yesterday on my Boardman team CX, the full 101km route.

Realised that the bike is bloody stiff, not helped by the 35mm tyres if I’m honest. It’s the longest & roughest ride I’ve ever done on it by some considerable distance.

Would a carbon post help take some of the sting out of it, I’ve got a decent amount of post out to allow for some flex, currently running on the bogo alloy one

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ll pop a carbon post in mine and give it a go this week.

plus-one

Titanium post is what you want !!! Flexy and comfy 🙂

HermanShake
    Free Member

It helped me on my Allez, but make sure you don’t get a crabon wrap post as there are many about. Also, it’s worth getting some carbon assembly paste. I’ve found mine to slip a little after longer, rougher rides.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It can definitely help, I’d research before buying – ti is perceived to flex the most

steve_b77
    Free Member

Ti can be most expensive though and would look bobbins on a matte grey frame too.

This one appears to be all carbon and Chinese. Will I die?

http://bit.ly/GIazD1

plus-one

I’m running a J-L eBay special bought off here £25 .. I never expected much but it’s cracking quality
    And super comfy on steel hardtail ..

tang
    Free Member

I picked up a Spesh pave post for my cx. Most certainly increases comfort on a fairly stiff alu frame. That and a good fitting saddle, decent bibs and lower psi off road!

weeksy

Can’t say i noticed at FoD with my carbon post newly fitted this w/e

clubber
    Free Member

Would a carbon post help take some of the sting out of it

Yes. It’s still going to be a CX bike though and it’ll still beat you up if you do long, bumpy rides on it, regardless of the seatpost.

ThePinkster

If it’s really uncomfortable on long rides have you considered a Thudbuster ST?

It’s not chap but would certainly work.

MarkyP
    Free Member

You Need a cannondale Save Seatpost in their mate, 20mm of flex, Just put one on the Flash
    May need a shim for your frame as its 27mm post
    there on ebay all the time

steve_b77
    Free Member

Crikey they’re expensive

jairaj

Note not all carbon posts are the same. Some are designed to be stiff for racers some are designed to be more compliant. Make sure you know what type you are getting.

ThePinkster

Crikey they’re expensive

The Thudbuster? Yes, they are.

I’ve got the LT on my hardtail ‘cos I’m old & got a dodgy back and it’s worth every penny IMO.

velocipede
    Free Member

I rode the Lakeland Monster too – on a Spesh Crux – I am still struggling with legs/back/shoulders today!!

I’m not sure a change of seatpost would make much difference to the punishment you received on Sunday – I’m pretty sure that whatever you do,a 5-6 hour ride on a cx bike on that terrain is going to hurt!!

I’m already looking forward to riding it next year – on my MTB!!!!

😀

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Carbon posts & comfort’ is closed to new replies.