Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Carbon from AliExpress
  • infidel
    Free Member

Also on eBay – linky

I had a pair of farsports carbon clinchers on the roadbike for a couple of years and a mate has them now with no problems and my lightbicycle rims on the Nicolai are going strong but for some reason I am hesitant with handlebars. Am I being silly for hesitating (the alternative is Easton EC70 bars at £160 and I don’t really have the cash for that or something 2nd hand from eBay which is equally risky I guess)….

Anyone bought these?

#dilemma #unnecesarybikepimping #vibrationreduction #whyallthe#s?!

dovebiker

There are plenty of reputable sellers on AliExpress selling unbranded OEM stuff – just avoid the blatant forgeries / faux-branded stuff.

chakaping
    Free Member

If it were me I’d probably be patient and wait for a bargain from a trusted brand to pop up.

Can you get them from an established supplier like LB?

njee20
    Free Member

I’m also slightly wary about bars for some reason (have 2 Chinese frames and 3 sets of wheels).

As the above, I’m sure they’d be fine if you bought from a reputable seller (Dengfu are on there, and do good stuff), rather than the blatant Ritchey WCS rip offs.

chakaping
    Free Member

There are plenty of reputable sellers on AliExpress

How do you tell which they are? The feedback system?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bar’s are one of the things I’d not touch either.

Partially because I don’t have dental insurance. And partially because they’re a personal preference, fit, feel etc are far more important than generic cheap carbon. I’d rather have affordable alloy bars I’d actually chosen for valid reasons.

A seatpost doesn’t need to do much other than offer some comfort. Even a frame/fork only needs to be the right shape, stiff and not too harsh, ditto rims.

infidel
    Free Member

It’s funny how handlebars seem to be a line in the sand. Farsports do some bars as do Dengfu but they have the usual internet thread arguments about them (as with all unbranded carbon) – some love them others have had near death exploding experiences.

I’m sorely tempted. In part because these are very pretty and are not a rip off of anything I’ve seen before.

chakaping
    Free Member

Farsports do some bars as do Dengfu

Are these factories who also produce branded carbon stuff or do they only produce in their own name?

infidel
    Free Member

I genuinely don’t know

plus-one

I’ve ran Chinese carbon bars on a cx bike for 3 years .. They took lots of abuse not a peep of trouble from them 🙂

Hylix branded

Leku
    Free Member
    infidel
    Free Member

Thanks Leku – looking for road tho.

Leku
    Free Member

Ahh.. sorry.

mcnultycop

Brand X Carbon from CRC on my roadie. Not super light but you can actually feel the flex in them so they are comfy.

porlus
    Free Member

Bought one of them full carbon “San Marco” saddles from it once. Mega cheap and came in at 95g (weighed on the post scales at work). Rode it for a year. Was totally fine, and actually comfy for what was in theory a sheet of carbon fibre.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Carbon from AliExpress’ is closed to new replies.