Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Carbon Frame Damage – Repairable???
  • Bigmantrials

There is a frame i have been looking at thats up for sale which turns out, since messaging the seller, has some damage on the chainstay caused by a bike rack, what would the consensus be on this, going on the below pictures. Frame would be a big saving on new if its considered that this could either be easily repaired or not cause to many problems.

null

null

tthew

To my unqualified eye that looks cosmetic, could definately be fixed I’m sure. Could likely just ride it as it is. Target Composites if you are in the North West.

pigyn
    Free Member

On the face of it just cosmetic, but could be repaired later down the line if it does cause problems. There are still a few vanquishes and throttles left new at great prices if you are out off by this damage. Great bikes both of them 👍

njee20
    Free Member

Looks like it’s just a sticker. That’ll be reet.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Second vote for target composites if looking to get repaired. Had a frame of mine done and amazing work. Iirc was £400 for structural repairs and £100 for cosmetic work. Don’t know how that relates to others but worth baring in mind when negotiating on price

crazy-legs

I’ve seen far worse than that repaired. Carbon is actually reasonably easy to repair if you’ve got the kit and knowledge – long gone are the days when a dented or scratched carbon component meant you had to bin the whole thing.

fadda

Just need a spoon, don’t you…?

martinkiely
    Free Member

The trouble with carbon is it can look superficial but be serious underneath, or can look awful and not be that bad structurally – again, another vote for Target Composites if you’re in the NW as he has kit (ultrasound I think) to check!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Frame Damage – Repairable???’ is closed to new replies.