Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Carbon Chameleon*
  • smatkins1
    Free Member

*I’m not saying there is one on the way (sorry)…

But there aren’t many (or any?) carbon hardtails with modern ‘long and slack’ geometry. This particular fame must be due for renewal soon. Is there much demand for this sort of bike? I certainly want one!

njee20
    Free Member

Thought this was going to be about a new Culture Club song.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Canfield EPO

Del

This particular fame must be due for renewal soon

why? it had a geo update a couple of years ago and then went to 27.5 the year after that?
    full disclosure – chameleon owner. the last 26″ version. i’d buy another in a heartbeat.
    not sure i’d trust a carbon one after i’d dropped a mattock on the TT, to choose an example thing that might have happened. 😳

honourablegeorge

Rorschach – Member
    Canfield EPO

Was about to post the same. That frame is the designated replacement for the Last on my lottery list.

cokie

I love the Canfield EPO. The price is stupid, but everything else is perfect.
    It is 29er though.
    If you want 650b I’m not aware of any modern long travel geometry hard tails.
    There’s a few that go up to 120mm, but not the 160mm (IIRC) of the Chameleon.

scotroutes

If you want 650b I’m not aware of any modern long travel geometry hard tails.
    There’s a few that go up to 120mm, but not the 160mm (IIRC) of the Chameleon.

Ragley Mmmbop can run up to 160

andysredmini
    Free Member

I love my chameleon but don’t think I would want a carbon one.
    I bought mine as a cheaper bike than my full suss to jump and generally abuse especially in the bad weather. I wouldn’t be adverse to a carbon bike for this purpose but I don’t feel like it would offer any benefit other than a little bit of weight saving. Its not like the chameleon frame needs to get any stiffer. The carbon would likely cost a similar price to the other carbon hardails that santacruz build which average around £1600 which is £1000 more than an aluminium chameleon frame costs.

honourablegeorge

scotroutes – Member

It’s not really carbon in the traditional sense though

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Carba Carba Carba chameleon….
    (sorry just watched some buzzcocks)

cokie

The Mmmbop isn’t carbon. There’s lots of steel & alu 650b long trave hardtails, just not in carbon.

padkinson
    Free Member

Saracen do a Mantra carbon, which is sort of similar to what you describe in that it’s a carbon trail hardtail. The geometry isn’t exactly radical though, but I guess you could* stick a longer travel fork in it than the standard 120mm.

*note: could, not should

Leku
    Free Member

On-One Carbon 456 Evo?

Northwind

The C456 Evo will be great once they order the extra 2 inches of reach they forgot for the larger sizes last time. Same weird On One sizes, they get taller as you go up a size but not much longer so the medium’s only 7mm longer than the small. Daft.

Have to admit, I thought the C456 would kind of blow the doors off the carbon lt hardtail thing but it’s never really happened. Maybe because a lot of the manufacturers discovered they can sell really, really expensive alu and cromo instead.

lardman
    Free Member

Carbon 456 evo, if you buy a larger size than you would normally.
    It’s cheap, tough and slack with a pretty low stand over.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Chameleon*’ is closed to new replies.