Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Carbon bars recommendations please
  • pete68
    Free Member

Looking for some bars for all day type riding so not wrist breaking stiff. I’ve got stems for either 31.8 or 35 of that makes any difference to what’s available although not sure if any 35mm ones would fit the bill anyway. My bike came with some cheap race face alloy bars and I find them really hard after a while.
    Cheers

Yak

Spank vibrocore works well for this. Not carbon though.

Bigmantrials

Really like my OneUp Carbons, nice shape and feel very comfortable, wrists have definitely been feeling better when compared to the Renthals I had before.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

second the one up carbon bars. bought a set to replace the overly harsh alloy bars that came on my e-bike, most comfortable 35mm bars i’ve used and i think there deff something in their tapered profile design. also more comfortable than the santa cruz carbon bars i have on my other bike (which were pretty good to begin with)

chakaping
    Free Member

Nukeproof Horizon (38mm rise here) has a good level of comfort if you find a V1 bar cheap still.

The V2 is a bit pricey at the mo, but will undoubtedly be nicely discounted in future.

nickc

most comfortable 35mm bars i’ve used

I’ve a pair of Chromag BZ which are also really comfy, much better than the Renthal that they replace (stiff as a board)

alan1977
    Free Member

nukeproof v2, also have the 38? mm riser 35mm diameter.. really nice, dont feel super harsh but also feel super stiff

martymac

I’ve recently bought some renthal carbon fatbars.
    Despite the fact they are lower than the previous alloy fatbars, they are still comfy.
    That tells me that im getting less vibration through due to the carbon.
    OR, that I didn’t need my bars as high as they were previously.
    Take your pick.

stayhigh

I’ve been really pleased with the 35mm Bontrager Line Pro carbon bars that came on my Fuel Ex. 780mm low rise with a comfortable sweep even after 7 hours riding. They have nice subtle graphics so not massively in your face either.

spooky_b329

I’m glad to see recommendations for OneUp as I’ve got a set of bars in the post…I suppose it’ll be Monday now as they are not delivering on Saturdays 🙁

thered

I like my hope bars

reggiegasket
    Free Member

If you think Renthals or Hope are comfy, then you can get much comfier bars.

+1 NP Horizons
    Syntace vector carbons are very good but pricey
    Easton EC70s are the softest bars I’ve used but myabe only available s/hand these days.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Nukeproof for me. They have helped cut down the vibration on my poorly setup forks.

stayhigh

Have a set of EC70 720mm flats on my rigid singlespeed Scandal V2. 100k along the North Downs Way at the weekend and sore wrists was not a factor. Had similar experiences with an old set of USE Atom bars that were super comfy.

davros

When carbon bars are too stiff where is it felt most? Hands, wrists, arms or all? I have some tag t1 carbon bars and I’m getting hand pain so wondering if they’re too stiff.

I’ve tried rolling them forward to see if positioning is the issue so I’ll see how that feels before trying something else.

johnw1984
    Free Member

My next bar purchase is going to be a set of the One Up carbon bars. Like the looks of them and they get a lot of positive reviews.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve got Chromag BZAs and they’re a great shape.

I was very close to buying these, though. They’re a real bargain

https://www.ebay.de/itm/232633731951

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Carbon bars recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.