Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • carbon bars for a biffer…..?
  • ton

are these bars suitable for a mansize man.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7152

boxelder

Just being nosey – why carbon? Just pimpyness? I presume lightweight isn’t a big attraction.

gingerflash

They should be plenty strong enough. I read a while ago that they’re Easton’s strongest bar, stronger than their EA70. I think they now say the new Havoc might be stronger still, but the DH should be plenty for a big guy doing normal riding.

It’s crash damage and sharp edges when fitting that you want to be careful of.

ton

boxelder, comfort for my poor aching wrists.

acanno
    Free Member

ton

I weigh in around 18 – 19st(post christmas) and have been using the older carbon bars on two of my bikes and they have been fine for 2 years or so now.

touch wood!!!

Andy

mboy
    Free Member

Depends on the riding you’re doing really. If you’re not doing big dropoffs, or coming up short on doubles, or doing anything extreme really, your weight won’t really be an issue. People forget that it’s Force that breaks things, so your weight won’t really matter compared to a guy half your size doing big drops, if you get me.

If it’s just XC riding, they’d be fine. Personally, I’d never reccomend Carbon bars for DH use though anyway, even though I use them on my XC bike, it’s the problems involved with lack of impact resistance with Carbon. Not so much of a problem on an XC bike, but on a DH bike an ally or steel bar will bend whereas a carbon bar is gonna snap in a nasty way if you crash hard!

tails
    Free Member

yeah they’ll be fine I dare say if you have a look at some of the top DH racers, bet a few are running them. If there good enough for them there good enough for anyone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘carbon bars for a biffer…..?’ is closed to new replies.