Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Carbon 456 – size – any 5'9" or 33" inside legs out there
  • outriderscot
    Free Member

So, many sizing questions asked already around the web, many on singletrack.
    First post for me ……..

Not found anyone quoting similar stats to mine – so interested to hear if anyone is 5’9″‘ish with an inside leg of 33″‘ish and what frame/stem they have and how they find it?

Cheers.

outriderscot
    Free Member

No-one?

tony24
    Free Member

close to you i am 5’10” and 32 inside leg with long arms and quite long upper body. the tt of the 456 c top tube is quite long so i run a 70mm stem if you have average size arms maybe a 60mm would be better.

i run a standard length EC70 seatpost around number 2 so an extra inch in leg would make you go to setting 1 so should still be fine.

the size of my frame is a 18″ certainly big enough for me a large would feel like a barn gate imo.

Dino
    Free Member

Just bought 18″ 5,11″ 33″ inside leg feels right but will be a short stem 60 or 70mm top tube is quite long as mentioned above

jonnyrockymountain

I run a 16″ frame with 50mm stem spot on for my 5’9″ ht and 31.5″ inside leg

xraymtb
    Free Member

tony24 – Isn’t the 18″ a large already?

It confused me as they show geometry in S/M/L/XL but sell 14/16/18/20. I presumed the 18 was the large?

For what its worth I’m 5’9, 31″ or so leg, just ordered a 16″ based on the size of my current hardtail (presuming 16″ is medium).

outriderscot
    Free Member

All really helpful folks.
    Landed on 16 eventually after a chat with On One.

Sounds like that’s a good choice based on the various examples here. Soon find out 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

5ft 9in and 31in inside leg here, riding a 16in and it is spot-on with 50mm stem and 710mm bars.

I would say you would also want a 16″, since I don’t have to put the seatpost up that high and I wouldn’t want any more reach – if that makes sense.

Edit: oh, failed to notice you;d already decided on a 16″ – great bike though, sure you’ll love it!

outriderscot
    Free Member

chakaping – yeah, but decided partly based on this forums feedback, so great to get more confirmation.
    I think I’ll prob opt for a 60mm stem based on all this, and sounds like the saddle will worl well too, up a bit more than you and that’ll sit nicely.
    Looking fwd to it … forks next ……..

chakaping
    Free Member

I have a Revelation U-turn with maxle on mine, 120mm-150mm travel – usually set at 140 or 150mm.

Suits the frame so well as it’s also really light and stiff. Tried a Fox 36 but it felt all unbalanced.

outriderscot
    Free Member

Seems to be a lot of these set up with 120-150. Sounds like a good set up.

Really finding it hard to get a half decent fork to go with the bike for now … could be staying under wraps for a while I save up some pennies.
    Can get white forks, but nae black ones to be had that I want
    Been specifically looking for Revelations and Fox 32 TALAS RLC.
    Might just hang around and see what comes up second hand.

Or …. white forks on a black bike ?? 🙂 More of a function over form person generally so who cares … but not sure what that’d look like :-))

xraymtb
    Free Member

I’m waiting for my c456 and Float 32 forks in the post at the moment (OnOne showing ‘ready to ship’ but as yet no dispatch notice). They will be white forks on the black frame.

Will look fine in my opinion – seen a few on here like that. Now my white saddle and seatpost on the other hand… 😯

scoobmw
    Free Member

I’m pretty much in the who cares camp so suspect all being well mine iwll look rather similar – though none of my saddles are white 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Carbon 456 – size – any 5'9" or 33" inside legs out there’ is closed to new replies.