Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Carbon 456 owners…
  • philstone

What rear calliper are you using? I’ve got an 18″ which my 160 BB7’s aren’t even close to fitting..

So, I’m going to get some new callipers but wanted to know what people were running that don’t require any fettling or modding to fit inside the stays?

Cheers

Phil

nuke

Juicy 5 on my 16″ C456…just touch the seatstay

Cheezpleez

Got Hayes Stroker Trails on mine and have run old LX in the past. Both fit fine

Northwind

I’m using Formula Oros, but the bolt needed a bit of shaving to get it to fit with a 160mm rotor (think it’d clear fine with a 180).

You know you can get the alternative dropout that puts it outside the triangle? Looks horrible but then it’s not going to win any beauty contests regardless.

forge197
    Free Member

SLX though didn’t notice if it touched frame, will have a look later.

wwaswas

Look at getting the mount that puts the calipers above the seat stay. I had problems with magura Marta at 160 & 180 mm and Louise at 160 on the standard and SS mounts. The mounts only a tenner from on-one.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I don’t think BB7s will ever fit on the mount between the stays due to their design. As above I think there’s a different dropout with the mount above the seat stay.

For the record I’ve got Magura Louise Carbon BATs on mine, 160mm rotor on the rear

philstone

Cheers guys.

Have seen the alternative mounts but my 8 year old nephew has more patience than me at this time of year, it’s in the garage all but finished.

Going into town in a bit to see what the lbs has.

P20

Hope Mono 4 mounted on chainstay with 180mm. Fits fine

zebardy
    Free Member

There are different shapes of calliper mounts/spacers that attache the calliper to the dropouts. Some cause the callipers to foul the seat stay some fit just right. I had to try a couple until I found one that worked. Otherwise the other dropouts that put the callipers outside the frame.

lucien

Hayes Stoker Ride with a Shitmano mount adaptor (F&R) – needed some spacers and jigging about and from memory I think the adaptor is on backwards

fadda

Elixir CR. No probs here…

xraymtb
    Free Member

Hope Mono M4 with 180mm on a 16″ here. No problems with it.

mherbie
    Free Member

XT 160mm, no problems.

andyl
    Free Member

I think it’s common that the BB7 won’t fit in the chainstay/seatstay areas on frames with that placement? Best thing to do is get the new drop out as mentioned above. The frame comes with cable routing for the caliper in that position.

Nice small XT on mine so no problems.

bellys
    Free Member

Elixir CR. No probs

philstone

Thanks all, picked up some Elixir 1’s from the LBS at a good price so will run them for now, although going to upgrade as running BB7 on front still, from looking in more depth today at disc’s in general, think I’m gonna go for a full set of 785’s when funds allow.

argoose
    Free Member

Brought built bike with the cr’s so no problems here

scoobmw
    Free Member

Hope Tech X2’s with 160mm on 16″ frame are fine.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

When I had mine I was using a Hope V2, no probs fitted fine

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Carbon 456 owners…’ is closed to new replies.