Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Carbon 456 – max rear disc size?
  • M1llh0use
    Free Member

Looking at what brakes to got for a C456 build but can’t see anything listed on the on-one site. Does anyone know what is the max rear disc size for a C456?

darryl1983
    Free Member

I ran 203f/180r with no issues if that helps, I believe there is an issue with running larger disc on the rear when using the dropouts that place the caliper inside the rear triangle instead of the more traditional outside (which is what i used), but this may just depend on which caliper/bracket is used.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

cheers darryl, thought i’d heard something like that, just wanted to be sure!

variflex
    Free Member

Yes, On-One can supply a different drop out that places caliper on outside of rear triangle. About £14 from memory. Drop on-one a line, they can tell you the part number over the phone and you can order online.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

ah, that’s good to see, thanks!

darryl1983
    Free Member

My c456 came with the outside type dropouts, might be worth phoning and requesting this type of dropout instead of the inside type. May save yourself £14.

skiprat
    Free Member

I have the dropout with the caliper inside the rear triangle. Running Formula RX with 180mm disc no problem.

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

My sons C456 has a 140 rear rotor – couldn’t fit a 160 & he really doesn’t need a 180 on the rear.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Carbon 456 – max rear disc size?’ is closed to new replies.