Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 199 total)
  • Carbon 456 – anyone got theirs yet?
  • ashfanman
    Free Member

I know that the frames arrived at OO recently, but have they been sent out to customers yet? Would love to see a photo of a built-up bike, if anyone has one, and hear any post-ride reports.

69er
    Free Member

If I wasn't so sceptical…

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/onone-carbon-456-finalised-graphics-and-reducer-headset

It looks like a pile of shite to me.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Yeah, I've seen the photos of the frame – I'm after a photo of a fully built-up bike (I've seen the trail action ones on the OO site, but they're not very clear).

Agree that the looks are pretty divisive, though.

coogan
    Free Member

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

God it looks awful, I hope it rides well

njee20
    Free Member

That's an epic smiley coogan, well done!

Agree it looks pretty gopping.

RealMan
    Free Member

I don't think it actually looks that bad in the first picture.

Yes, my vision is fine.

No, I don't own one or work for on-one.

Although in the second picture, side on, you can see how stupid the downtube is.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

They're due for delivery on Monday/Tuesday next week, awaiting the bolts and swap-outs before they can be delivered. I just received my brakes and headset, forks in the post tomorrow. Headset looks very good, will go with the frame perfectly.

It looks awesome btw.

stumpy01

First pic looks OK apart from the seatstays which look like they were designed for a completely different bike.

The downtube does look a bit weird in that 2nd pic.

Perhaps it looks OK in the flesh? Some shapes just don't look right in a picture.

sobriety
    Free Member

In the second pic it looks like they've allievated peoples fears about the longevity of carbon frames by pre-breaking them!

soma_rich
    Free Member

I seem to be in the minority who like it. If I had a spare £500 I would replace my steel 456.

pinches
    Free Member

i don't think anyones got their frames yet from the first batch after on one decided to last minute change their supplier for the dropouts, so they've emailed everyone saying frames are in stock but the dropouts are 2 weeks behind…..one of the guys in our work shop has one on order and is less than happy!

sputnik
    Free Member

Not liking the look of these at all. Looks like the old thermo-plastic GT jobbies.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Which were awesome…..

Northwind

I like it. Functional rather than pretty. Then I own a Hemlock and it looks more like a dock crane than a bike so what do I know?

sputnik
    Free Member

@ paul, yes they were. Had one myself, but my point is the 'new' OO frame looks like an old thing.

sputnik
    Free Member

Right, I know these are not designed to run the same length forks, but my, how pretty…

coogan
    Free Member

That Rocky Mountain is barking too. I'm just not a fan of carbon frames. I hate the look of all the 'joins' if you will. BB area, top of seat tube etc, they just turn into a massive blobby area of plastic. Not for me.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Change the record coogan!

Northwind

"my point is the 'new' OO frame looks like an old thing."

How many new bike frames don't look like old bike frames? On One haven't claimed they've made anything totally revolutionary (I was going to say mold breaking but I guess mold forming would be more correct here).

coogan
    Free Member

Bite me!

sputnik
    Free Member

coogan, bit of old fashioned lug work and hand painted finish just for you:

RealMan
    Free Member

Is that a hobbs?

letmetalktomark

I am clearly alone on this one but I quite like the look of it – swoopy.

And no I don't need glasses, haven't taken a knock to the head etc.

But hey what do I know 😉

mattp
    Free Member

what does that RockyMountain retail for?

mattp
    Free Member

are they really £400 better than an sworks stumpjumper ht?

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

letmetalktomark – don't worry, you're not alone!

cynic-al
    Free Member

sputnik he ain't that classy.

He probably loves those "purposeful" welds on "taiwanese-dressed up as American" brands like Turner, Santa Cruz and Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative!

juiced
    Free Member

i usually love purposeful looking bikes. Not too sure about this one though.

foxyrider
    Free Member

B_Leach
    Free Member

It's like on one aimed for "stealth" and took it too far. nothing wrong with an understated bike, but that's taking the pi$$!

sputnik
    Free Member

RealMan, it is a Bruce Gordon. That pretty Rocky is a bit over priced.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Frame is truly awful … looks even worse built up
    Rocky mountain looks great , on one = not great

RealMan
    Free Member

Looks lovely sputnik, is it yours?

My mates got a few bikes like that, I think 5 of them are hobbs. Don't know if he has got a bruce gordon.

And are those wooden wheels??

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

paulrockliffe – Member
    They're due for delivery on Monday/Tuesday next week, awaiting the bolts and swap-outs before they can be delivered. I just received my brakes and headset, forks in the post tomorrow. Headset looks very good, will go with the frame perfectly.

It looks awesome btw.

Which headset have you purchased? Piccy?

Highly amused by all the talk of 'looks'. I personally intend to ride mine on the UK's finest trails, not sit looking at it in my front room or posing with my boyfriends in trail centre car parks.

A few garish 'Rocky Horror' graphics don't turn a carbon frame into a good looking bike.

Woody
    Free Member

The Armadillo raised the bar in the 'hit with an ugly stick' competition.

The carbon 456 has quite clearly jumped straight over it without a landing mat!

Still, if it rides well who cares…..and it's funny seeing the reactions
    😆

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

OMG! Suppose I could spend some of the £1737.55p I've just saved by not buying the Rocky Horror on some graphics.

Any contributers doing art along with hairdressing and beauty on their Uni course?

coogan
    Free Member

I personally intend to ride mine on the UK's finest trails, not sit looking at it in my front room or posing with my boyfriends in trail centre car parks.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 199 total)

The topic ‘Carbon 456 – anyone got theirs yet?’ is closed to new replies.