Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 121 total)
  • caravans… Clarkson can **** off!!
  • anagallis_arvensis

Just bought this, quite excited

Drac

Awful bloody things.

molgrips
    Free Member

Brilliant things. Good one AA 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Agreed. Why not stay in a nice pub or B&B instead? Or,if you must camp, a tent?

Never understood caravans. Don’t want to try to.

anagallis_arvensis

Pub or b&b’s cost more, as for camping I’m too old!!

cloudnine
    Free Member

You dont even pay road tax for them..

Bregante

Where’s the rest of it?

Someone seems to have stolen the back of it?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cost more? Dare I ask how many weekends away your ballast cost? Please factor in fuel, storage, insurance etc. I’ll allow you to overlook the annoyance factor and that you’re going to end up on a caravan site with the sort of people who frequent such establishments.

Drac

Caravans are free these days?

anagallis_arvensis

£500 quid

molgrips
    Free Member

Why not stay in a nice pub or B&B instead?

You don’t get to bring or cook your own food, and you don’t get to bring your own stuff either. You can’t make a brew whenever you want, and after your day out you don’t get to sit outside in the middle of nowhere watching the evening draw on whislt your kids play unhindered in a massive field with their new holiday friends.

What do you do in a B&B? Watch TV? I’ve stayed in plenty of shit B&Bs and ended up having to eat shit food, when I’d much rather barbecue my own food out in the sunshine.

Or,if you must camp, a tent?

Caravans have all the advantages of tents but none of the disadvantages – no cold flappy noisy canvas and you don’t have to sleep on the floor… or pick grass out of your breakfast cereal.

mattbee

Is that the one with the rear door and the side dinette that folds up to store bikes? Like that a lot.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Are you towing it with a yaris?

anagallis_arvensis

It is a tiddler bregante!!

Drac

You don’t get to bring or cook your own food, and you don’t get to bring your own stuff either.

Win win!

ou don’t get to sit outside in the middle of nowhere watching the evening draw on whislt your kids play unhindered in a massive field with their new holiday friends.

Yeah you can.

anagallis_arvensis

Mattbee yeah and the side door you can see opens into a wet store/ bog

Bregante

It is a tiddler bregante!!

Not the first time I’ve heard that tbh 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’ll allow you to overlook the annoyance factor and that you’re going to end up on a caravan site with the sort of people who frequent such establishments.

What kind of people do you mean Your lordship?

molgrips
    Free Member

Find me a B&B that has lots of other kids in it and a huge safe play area. I don’t think there are that many.

Plus the norm is for 2 people per room so you need two rooms when you have your kids.

I have actually stayed in hotels, gites, B&Bs and caravans, incidentally, so I am in a position to compare.

that you’re going to end up on a caravan site with the sort of people who frequent such establishments.

Hah.. you think all caravan sites are full of chavs? You’re not arguing from a position of ignorance, are you? Cos that’d be awfully crass 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Middle of nowhere?

No thanks.

MrSmith
    Free Member

An upmarket chav dogging vehicle with a tiny sink to rinse your nob in and easy clean upholstery.
    Like VHS, trouser presses and hostess trollies I though caravans were last century? Obviously not.

molgrips
    Free Member

Flash, do you think all caravan sites are like that?

I’ve NEVER stayed in a site like that, for the record, and I never would.

saladdodger
    Free Member

I like caravans to

As long as they
    1 have a yearly MOT
    2 Pay road tax
    3 Pay rates because they are another form of accommodation
    4 keep off the roads between 08.00 – 20.00

actually they are friggin awful things and the only people who have em in the south west are almost dead

molgrips
    Free Member

Middle of nowhere:

molgrips
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

bearnecessities

TBH @ £500 for something that appears to be pretty tidy I’d give it a go!

(If I had somewhere to store it out of sight!)

maxtorque

Caravans. For people too tight to buy a T5…… 😉

(PS, those^^^ beauty spot photo’s, they’d look a lot nicer without those huge white whales in the front of the pic)

molgrips
    Free Member

For people who like more space than a T5 and decent facilities (although not AA in this case apparently 🙂 ).. and don’t like paying a fortune for a shitty old van.

£500 though – that’s a lovely bargain.

PS, those^^^ beauty spot photo’s

They’re caravan sites, I didn’t look for beauty spot photos.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well done AA, looks like a bahrgin 😀

I say enjoy but hope I don’t get stuck behind you doing 30mph up a dual carriageway..

Can you fit yer bikes in it more importantly?? If you can it’s a winner IMO.

peterfile
    Free Member

The beauty of a tent is that it’s portable enough to allow you to get sufficently far away from people who caravan or “wildcamp” in campervans 🙂

unknown
    Free Member

Buying a caravan is a sure sign that a person has given up on life. If I ever buy one it will be at that moment that I realise life really hasn’t turned out how I planned and I’ll pause to reflect on where I went so terribly wrong.

ask1974
    Free Member

Please just drive it far from the roads I use, lorries get a hard time for fouling up traffic on dual carriageways but caravans are the worst by far. Hateful things, like sleeping in a drum…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Roads are shared use spaces and folks say the same things about bikes.

bearnecessities

Buying a caravan is a sure sign that a person has given up on life.

Yeah, but £500?? I can’t stand the idea of a caravan, but £500 for something that looks tidy, when you can’t afford a T4/5 etc? It’s got to be worth an experiment!

cloudnine
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ov4TlKlCog[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A chemical toilet, no bath or proper shower, pitiful cooking facilities and a damp, cramped bed is far from being “decent facilities”.

I’m still a no here.

molgrips
    Free Member

Why would your bed be damp or cramped? Have you ever actually been in a modern caravan?

You’d be happy to camp in a tent though, which is even worse facilities?

bearnecessities

no bath

Oh come on FFS; “no bath”?!

eskay

Had many a good holiday caravanning with my parents when I was younger. We camped for years all over Europe and the channel islands and a caravan seemed a natural progression. Was much nicer to sit in the van playing board games when it was pissing down in Cornwall rather than being stuck in a tent.

Would quite like one myself at some point.

My parents tow theirs to a site and leave it there most of the summer now. Drive down on a Friday and enjoy your own space already set up. Lock up on a Sunday.

There Are plenty of small sites around.

Different kettle of fish to T5 and some caravans probably cost as much.

Op: what make is it? I don’t recognise it?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 121 total)

The topic ‘caravans… Clarkson can **** off!!’ is closed to new replies.