Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Car with no MOT (apparently) parked outside our house.
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Pawsy_Bear – Member

You dont need the parking space the car is taking up, so what’s the problem? Otherwise:

1. There’s nothing illegal about parking on the road unless the vehicles abandoned

2. If its not legal then the police will take action

Nothing will happen unless you

a. talk to the driver, what I would do
    b. report it

I really cant see your problem, talk to the guy or report it.
    Im taking it you’re in the “didn’t bother to read the rest of the thread” camp, as im am already aware of all the points you’ve posted, but how would you suggest I speak to the owner when I (or any of the neighbours I’ve asked) don’t have a clue who owns it? If you can find the owner for me, I’ll happily talk to them.
    As Dickyboy has pointed out, there may be a valid reason for it being where it is, hence why im not taking any action on it just yet.

bigyinn
    Free Member

doris5000 – Member

Nothing will happen unless you

a. talk to the driver, what I would do

yeah bigyinn, talk to the driver! Come on man, shape up for goodness sake. There’s a war on, you know
    I would, but I think they’re dead from dehydration now, having been sat there for 3 weeks waiting for me to come out and chat to them. If only I’d thought of doing that sooner, this never would have happened. :mrgreen:

aracer
    Free Member

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

OP – years ago I left my car to be serviced at the local garage & asked them to pop it back on my drive & drop the key through the letter box when they’d finished, meanwhile I buggered off to Oz for 3 weeks & yep you’ve guessed the mechanic left it on the road outside my neighbours house, all over xmas & new year too so there might just be a logical explanation

Don’t go bringing in your logic and common sense here, the OP is whipping himself up into a lovely little frenzy.
    It’s awesome for the casual observer.
    Of course, I’m not bothered what the outcome is.

bigyinn
    Free Member

@aracer, ta, might give that a try.

@captainsasquatch, Im positively tumescent at the prospect of further “contributions” from you. 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jU4-GfZqO0[/video]

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I read the test of the thread.

At what point will you do something ? If not then why you brining it to the forum? Plenty of points of view

Cougar

I wouldn’t bother with the DVLA, sounds like a lot of hassle for something that’s Not Your Problem. Like I said last week, I’d just let the local plod know.

If it’s stolen and missing then you’ll be doing the owners a favour, if it’s abandoned then the police will do the legwork to find out and have it removed, and if it’s legally parked then there’s nowt they or you can do about it anyway. You can report a ‘suspect’ vehicle without having to have any proof of anything, I don’t really see why you need to trouble yourself playing Columbo when there are people to do these things.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

To the OP, you were given a reasonable solution here http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/car-with-no-mot-apparently-parked-outside-our-house#post-7266365 and still haven’t done anything.
    My view is that you still don’t know whether it’s illegaly parked or not but keep popping back to tell us how not bothered you are. 😆
    Excuse my enjoyment of your suffering while you continue to ignore the advice from here.

bigyinn
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member

As Dickyboy has pointed out, there may be a valid reason for it being where it is, hence why im not taking any action on it just yet.
    Just in case you missed my reasoning hun. xxx

cakefacesmallblock

I think I’d report it.
    If the neighbours don’t know who it belongs to, someone might be glad to get it back.
    What’s more , in days to come you wouldn’t want to read that police were trying to find out about movements of a car, exactly the same, used for some bank job / bullion heist / drive by/ lez contravention ( 😉 ) and were asking the public where it might have been kept for a few days.
    Legal , or otherwise, just doesn’t seem a likely move on the part of its owner.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Just in case you missed my reasoning hun. xxx

Only took you 6 days to work that one out. 😆
    FYI I used to live in the city centre where not only did residents have to deal with having cars parked everywhere, we also had to deal with shoppers taking spaces and in one location 30 mins restricted parking during working hours. You suck it up and accept that there is no right to the public road and focus on the real benefits of living is such a location, or move. I understand the problem, I don’t understand your reaction.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I dont live in a City centre though. The town is pretty small, perhaps a mile and a half radius from the town centre. Im a mile away from the centre, so its hardly commuter belt (Im on the Isle of Wight BTW), it really is on the edge of town, thats why it seems a little odd to me.
    We obviously have different viewpoints to this situation, so just as you dont understand my reaction, I dont really understand why you feel the need to mock me either.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Ok so I’ve reported it via 101 and they’re going to look into it.
    Apparently the registered owner doesn’t live that far away…..

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

We obviously have different viewpoints to this situation, so just as you dont understand my reaction, I dont really understand why you feel the need to mock me either.

You have my apologies, but telling hora to use the door >>>> and Pawsey Bear to read the thread in a condescending way misled me to think that you were able to deal with a bit of ribbing back, I was obviously wrong.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Sorry if I’ve been grumpy, tired and full of snot.
    Hora was asking for it though.

senorj

Has the car gone???

boblo
    Free Member

Nope. Bigyinn has just remembered it’s actually his own car and not really a problem after all…

revs1972
    Free Member

The street running perpendicular to ours had a problem with shop workers parking in the street during the day (close to town centre) so some of them asked the council to change it to permit holders only , and the council duly obliged .
    So now , not only do we have said shop workers now parking in our street, we also have half of the residents in the permit street parking there as they objected to paying £80 a year for a permit.
    Very frustrating when coming home during the day to find no spaces in our street , yet the permit road only has 5 to 6 cars maximum (spaces for at least 20).

granny_ring

Nope. Bigyinn has just remembered it’s actually his own car and not really a problem after all…

🙂

IdleJon

revs1972 – Member

The street running perpendicular to ours had a problem with shop workers parking in the street during the day (close to town centre) so some of them asked the council to change it to permit holders only , and the council duly obliged .
    So now , not only do we have said shop workers now parking in our street, we also have half of the residents in the permit street parking there as they objected to paying £80 a year for a permit.
    Very frustrating when coming home during the day to find no spaces in our street , yet the permit road only has 5 to 6 cars maximum (spaces for at least 20).

Ha, like the local primary school. The street has residents’ parking. Other than at school drop-off time it’s virtually empty, 3 or 4 cars there. Twice a day for 20 miutes each it’s full of badly parked cars and the occasional PCSO trying to instil some sanity. Complete waste of residents’ parking – the school has been there for over a hundred years.

zomg

The sooner we stop allowing people to park for free on property that’s not theirs, the better.

CheesybeanZ

It must be a month by now , so is it still there and have you done anything about it yet ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

the japan system …..

proof you own a space to park the car before you can buy a car….

jambalaya
    Free Member

@trail rat it’s a public road, the owner is perfectly entitled to park the car there. No one is obliged to park outside their own house and no one is entitled to claim the road outside their house as their own.

trail_rat
    Free Member

my response was in response to the zomg i know who has right but that doesnt make it right. – but hes right permits for all on road parkers in the city limits.

Make people think about if they really need a car if they have to pay for a space.

reduced car city centres.

but i know that will make all the rightfully entitled whiners unhappy. 😀

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Car with no MOT (apparently) parked outside our house.’ is closed to new replies.