Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Car Tax Disc Part Exchange Query
  • slugwash
    Free Member

We’re part exchanging our car with 3 months tax left on the disc and buying a newer vehicle that comes with no tax disc. We didn’t get a particulary good amount on the p/e and I expect that our old car will be driven away from our house on the dealers plates and end up at a car auction. Is it acceptable/usual procedure to keep the valid disc and get a refund on it or should I just let it go?

Cheers in advance to the collective STW fountain of knowledge for guidance on this matter.

bruneep

it is acceptable, I did the very same when I traded my old car in.

lord
    Free Member

keep the disc , you can claim full months back from the dvla , better in your pocket.ive allways taken the tax from part ex cars , cheers

slugwash
    Free Member

Cheers, bruneep & lord I’ll be cashing it in then with no scruples.

Actually, I’ve just remembered that when our last car was involved in a crash and the insurance company said it was going to be written off I nipped round to the garage, retrieved the tax disc and cashed it in.

takisawa2

Check that they haven’t factored it into your part-ex valuation. Ours was but it had 9 months on it still.
    And make sure you send off your V5 slip & KEEP the confirmation letter from DVLA telling you its no longer in your name. Tossers just had us for 3 months tax & £40 fine for not keeping the letter. Even though they sent the bloody thing they wouldnt check their records & maintained its our fault for not keeping it.

DVLA are biggest bunch of devious wankrs ever to infest this planet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Car Tax Disc Part Exchange Query’ is closed to new replies.