Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Car stuff on YouTube
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Following TGT/TG threads on here, a few mentioned decent car shows on YouTube – can you suggest some?

Like everyone I watch all the Project Binky stuff, and really like Donut Media’s bits and pieces too. I also follow Carfection, Smith and Sniff, and Fully Charged Show. However, I’ve never got into Mighty Car Mods, for some reason.

reluctantjumper

I like to watch Tavarish, Hoovie’s Garage plus the obvious Binky and RetroPower channels. Barn Find hunter can be good (if a little US-centric). If you like F1 then I’ve recently discovered Josh Revell who does good short films taking the piss out of stuff, has good comedic timing and a dry wit.

takisawa2

salvage rebuilds UK

Proper old fashioned spannering.
    Been following his Rangerover Sport engine rebuild.
    And re-rebuild.
    Seems a proper down to earth guy.

The short CarWow videos with that Matt chap are good too. Some of the drag races are hilarious.

vongassit
    Free Member

Barn find hunter , on the Hagerty channel 👍

onewheelgood

Harry’s Garage

transporter13
    Free Member

If you get Alex (some seem to get annoyed by him) then car throttle does some good videos.

P20

Evo and pistonheads through up the odd good video. COTY is just up

P-Jay
    Free Member

Mighty Car Mods is a bit juvenile even for me, and when they try to go all arty it’s cringeworthy…. but they make the odd good film like their trip to Japan was good.

The best thing about them is their sort of spin-off mates at Skid Factory.

Hoovies and Car Wizard are great, they’re the antidote to the super arrogant types on VinWiki (I know Tyler makes the odd VinWiki but he seems a very nice guy).

Rob Pitts is another VinWiki refugee he’s a super slimy car salesman but very funny with it.

RestoreIt isn’t really a car channel but he’s working on a couple of old 3 series at the moment, it’s the most soothing thing on TV for me, sends me to sleep in a good way. Warning not for people who dislike dentists, he’s sped up vids of grinding sound like drils.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

thanks all – will check them out!

neilnevill
    Free Member

If you like old fashioned rebuilds on Alfa’s, try Jethro Bonner.

bigyim
    Free Member

B is for build is pretty good

flange
    Free Member

Driftworks
    Cleetus Mcfarland (awesome)
    Deboss garage
    Samcrac
    Bruce Wilson (trucks)
    Twinsticks (trucks)

Definitely not Smee or any of the ‘look at all the money I’ve got’ types

Northwind

I really enjoy Skid Factory… Mighty Mods when it’s good can be very watchable, like the supergramps build frinstance, but when it’s not it’s awful.

Most of it’s pay-to-view now but there’s some good stuff on Motor Trend… Earlier Roadkill before it got reduced to a formula, and the 2 Garage shows. Always happy to watch Lucky Costa fixing stuff.

falkirk-mark

Hubnut

richmars

Plus one for Harry’s Garage. He’s got an impressive collection, plus does reviews of new (and old) cars. Also goes an a few road trips, motor bikes as well.

keefmac

American stuff but still fun and interesting

Dirt Everyday

Roadkill

Finnegans Garage

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

The short CarWow videos with that Matt chap are good too. Some of the drag races are hilarious.

Yep, CarWow is good – the guy is called Mat Watson and he is very entertaining.

neilnevill
    Free Member

oops, missed an ‘R’ should be Jethro Bronner

MrOvershoot

falkirk-mark

Hubnut

+1 so much more than a bloke “celebrating the average”
    His Croatia road trip in his 2CV kept me sane during the late summer.

toby

A vote from me for Lawrie’s Mechanical Marvels. Some East Anglean guys featuring healthy doses of working on broken project vehicles, sarcasm at each other’s ineptitude and some genuine love for many of the things that they work on and go and see. Oh and bonus locomotives.

andytherocketeer

Harry’s Garage

and Harry’s Farm on the other channel for the tractor and combine stuff, with more computing power than the space shuttle.

submarined
    Free Member

Petrolicious 🙂

matt_outandabout

Are we allowed Motorsport?

At this time of year, it’s Dakar time…

I do like a bit of RallyCross

World Rally, the videos aren’t great though.

sharkattack

I used to love Roadkill and Dirt Every Day when it was free. Does anyone pay to watch it on Motortrend?

Worth starting at the beginning I suppose, if you’ve never seen it.

dingyding
    Free Member

brakes wheels and automobiles
    Savage garage

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Late Brake Show with Johnny Smith
    And from a personal perspective, Lowdown Transporters

keir
    Free Member

M539 restorations

dooosuk
    Free Member

Back in lockdown 1.0 someone posted a link to ViceGripGarage rescueing Independance Chevelle. Whilst some of his stuff gets a bit samey, he know’s his onions and has done some really detailed explanations of engine work etc during rebuilds.

DrP

Will take a peek at the above too..

FWIW..I rather like MightyCarMods!!

If you want cars, and only have 5 min to kill, just watch a few Neurberg (sp) ring crash compos…. fun. In an “am I evil” way..!!

DrP

hot_fiat

‘Murcans mucking about with welders and a seemingly uncapped budget or space Grind Hard Plumbing Co

Proper passionate Italian reviews (often in Italian, buy hey) Davide Cirone

Truly annoying ‘influencer’ occasionally interesting so worth a dip Seen Through Glass

The automotive equivalent of Surfer’s Path or even Singletrack. Beautiful content. Petrolicious

Genius in a shed. (more motorbikes than cars, but still) Allen Milliard

Decent tyre reviews and other stuff. Tyre Reviews

Forgot Harry. Harry’s Garage

and Jay, who is truly a walking automotive encyclopaedia. Jay Leno

mattvanders
    Free Member

JayEmm on cars has a bit of everything (every day to weird to super cars to classes) and is more of a reviewer.

Gears and gasoline is track day builds in a home grow garage builds with help

kiwijohn

Junkyard Gold with Steve Magnante. You probably can only see it on Motortrend now, but worth it.

nickc

Soup Classic Motoring. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl9I7RgD0i7JZ58CK17kKHQ

Irish restorer with a frankly amazing love for stop motion.

pedlad

As an antidote to my wife’s evening addiction to endless repair shop/cooking/sewing TV stuff, in order of preference:

Carfection (beautiful videography and commentary – he’s an MTBer too)
    Throttle house – Good fun with a likable Canadian and English guy – bit heavy on US SUVs
    Gordon Murry Automotive
    Carwow
    Harry’s Garage
    Tyrell’s Classic Workshop
    Mighty Car Mods (if in the mood)
    Binky
    Autocar (presenters knowledgeable but not the best)

sharkattack

I’ve been watching a lot of Mighty Car Mods. It’s easy watching and they have a lot of fun. Even though it’s frustrating to watch them work through my personal bucket list of cars doing everything I could never afford to do and then thrashing them on track in glorious sunshine. It’s a combination of fun and depression that social media does so well.

Throttle Stop Garage is one that slipped off my radar when Youtube stopped displaying the new episodes for some reason. He’s just an old bloke in a freezing cold Canadian garage building a carbon fibre Volvo Amazon. I’ll have to get back into it and see how far along he is.

I’m not really bothered about supercars or exotic stuff and I hate the hordes of wannabe car reviewers who blag rides in fast cars and hoon around hooting and hollering. Please go away. I do love watching people fabricating and problem solving.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Petrol Ped too. Prefer the more mature/professional stuff vs the dickheads razzing around in other peoples cars with their draggy boxes calling everyone “bro”.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Harry’s Garage
    Binky
    What Car
    Fully Charged
    Late Brake Show
    JayEmm
    Tyrells Classic Cars (how to restore properly)
    Ratarossa (on how not to restore properly)
    Auto Trader reviews with Rory Reid
    Bjorn Nyland and Kris Rifa for Ev Stuff (some fast forwarding required)
    Mr JWW I want to hate him because he’s good looking and rich but unlike Shmee, the overgrown schoolboy, he’s quite an engaging presenter

duncancallum

Fitzies fabrications.

Proper tinsmith work from a yank with a mental accent

nickc

I watched about 30 seconds of one of Schmee’s videos before I had the almost overwhelming urge to punch things…Not for me I’m afraid

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Car stuff on YouTube’ is closed to new replies.