Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Car Stereos and SD cards!
  • the-muffin-man

Driving me **** mental!!!!

No matter what order I copy audio files to my SD card in – the stereo (admittedly a cheap one) seems to play tracks in no particular order whatsover. You can be 5 songs into an album and then a completely different song gets played!

Is there a secret for copying files over in a certain order!!!

(files are from a Mac btw)

Ta!

nickjb
    Free Member

Mine uses folders. Just put each album in a different folder. I think it can do alphabetic, too, which can be a bit odd when it plays all the tracks starting with '1'. It's a cheapy, too. Get a PC 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

Are they not being read in order of something like folder>ID3 tag title/track number? The order you copy them across makes no odds, its the structure on the drive and whether the unit uses ID3 tags that matters.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bristolbiker
    Free Member

Are they not being read in order of something like folder>ID3 tag title/track number? The order you copy them across makes no odds, its the structure on the drive and whether the unit uses ID3 tags that matters

The Mrs had a cheap one that did exactly this – ended up making a one-off playlist for the memory stick where the ID3 track numbers started at 1 and went up to about 2000, but in the correct order over 200 odd albums…. if you see what I mean. Sold the car in the end, so didn;t have to worry about it too long.

the-muffin-man

Thanks – I thought renaming the tracks might be the answer – I just didn't want it to be the answer!!!

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Thanks – I thought renaming the tracks might be the answer – I just didn't want it to be the answer!!!

It's worse than that – to be clear, it's almost certainly not simply a case of renaming the track, you will have to edit the properties of the file to change the ID3 track number. Tedious is really not the word…….

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

The firmware/software for some MP3 players is abysmal. My old iRiver used to sort the files in the order that they had been added to the drive….

the-muffin-man

Tedious is really not the word…….

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I had something like this. My problem with it was it must of used the same original number (rather than taking the clock time) to generate the random number series.

Hence choosing random always played the songs in the same order which drove me nuts as I ended up listening to exactly the same songs even though I had like 1000 songs on it !

Funny how some people want the songs in order personally I love it when a great song randomly appears on my play list.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Oh, and if the track numbering is the problem, remember to renumber track 1 as 0001, track 2 as 0002 etc as the really thicky players will play a 12 track album as 1, 11, 12, 2, 3, 4 etc if you just use normal digits….. oh, how I laughed the first time I tried it 👿

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Car Stereos and SD cards!’ is closed to new replies.