Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Car stereo help – berlingo
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

I am looking at replacing the stereo in my berlingo with a unit with aux in.
    I have a RD4 unit at present, how do i find out what plug it has? OR can an aux in be added to it (has a source button)

trail_rat
    Free Member

if its like my peugeot then you can buy a box that changes the source (its designed for multichanger box) but the box costs more than just getting a better stereo…. about 70 quid when i looked – the benifit of the box is that the paddle by the steering wheel still works.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

cheers – still don’t know what plug it is tho 🙂

If i change unit – what fitting will i need

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

i cant help with that one – i decided not to renew my stereo in the end as my sony didnt have AUX in and didnt work with the paddle so decided to use a FM transmitter which works fine because your directly below the aerial and its not right at the back like many cars 😀

notmyrealname
    Free Member

The new head unit will have a harness that terminates with an ISO plug. You can then go to Halfirds or one where like than and buy a Berlingo to ISO harness for £10-£15.
    If you’re lucky, the Berlingo will already have an ISO plug going not the standard head unit so you won’t need an adaptor harness.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

this is what i have plug wise:

IA

Yes you can fit an aux in to an RD4 with a few £ of parts (hacked up IDE cable will do it for the connector) or you can buy the actual citroen box that has it (about £100).

The annoying bit is that it needs enabled in the software, which you need to get the dealer to do.

Google “aux in RD4” or similar there’s plenty info out there on it.

IA

Here you go:

http://c4owners.org/plugins/faq/faq.php?0.cat.2.12

pics and all!

Not done it to mine yet, as I keep forgetting to ask the dealer to turn the input on when the cars in for its service.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

What about this?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Car stereo help – berlingo’ is closed to new replies.