Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Car sat nav recommendations?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Had a TomTom One years ago – what’s good now?

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I got a Tom Tom XL Live, can’t fault it. I’vehad ‘plumbed in’ sat nab in my last two cars and didn’t really want one this time and for £170 it’s brill.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks

Cougar

If I was buying a standalone unit, I’d almost certainly stick with TomTom.

Though, as CoPilot on my phone was under twenty quid and is almost as good as a dedicated unit costing ten times that, I’d probably not bother.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Halfords have the atomtom VIA 125 WE Special Edition at £150 down from £300. Im thinking of getting that.

forge197
    Free Member

Tomtom live 1005 really pleased with it, google search, online services, real time traffic really pleased with it.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

A silly question… Do you have to pay a subscritption service on that model forge? I’m a bit confused by what I’ve read online and don’t know much about them. Thanks.

forge197
    Free Member

First year is included when you buy the unit then its £45ish for the year, I drive around 25-30k miles a year to various places so for me it’s good value.

FuzzyWuzzy

+1 for the TomTom 1005 (although my first year free sub is about to expire 🙁 ).

michaelmcc
    Free Member

A Tom Tom with the Mike Strutter voice. Hilarious!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks all

Going to give a Garmin a go half price from Halfords – free lifetime map updates and traffic reports

turboferret

Not exactly what you’re asking, but if you have an iPhone (although I’m sure there is also an Android version) NavFree works very well. Doesn’t have to use any data as you download all of the maps with the app, been very impressed using it this week.

Cheers, Rich

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Car sat nav recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.