• This topic has 105 replies, 60 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by irc.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)
  • Car repeatedly rammed by lorry on M1
  • Kryton57

jimjam – Member
    What’s the book Kryton?

bigyinn
    Free Member

If you look at the clip at the start you can see what looks like the car drivers hazards lights reflected in the front of the lorry cab, again once past you can see them on the rear of the trailer.
    As others have said there is deffo more going on than the edited dashscam footage is showing.
    Im not justifying the lorry drivers actions, but these sort of situations dont just arise out of the blue. Cause and effect etc…

scaredypants

jimjam – Member
    Nothing irritates me more than middle/outside lane hoggers (that’s not true lot’s of things do) but just because the car driver was being a dick doesn’t give the lorry driver the excuse to attack him.

Well, no, but then I’m not a dangerous arsehole (your view may vary, but there we go)

I mean, just for the sake of hyperbole if Warrick Davis had a few too many pints and was winding you up in the pub would that give you licence to kick his **** in?

And splendid hyperbole it is too !
    I treat others equally – he’d only get punched if he really deserved it 😉 (note, last time I hit someone was over 30 years ago and we were both willing participants).
    Would you treat him differently because he’s different? I don’t know him but I imagine that might make him cross

slimjim78
    Free Member

I can’t blame the trucker for getting frustrated

Frustration simply has to be handled. (I just un-capitilised HAS, as I needed to control my frustration).

Your anology, and several other sympathisers here seems to be wanting to excuse the truck driver – because he was having a bad day, or something..

He is a professional driver, at the wheel of a massive, heavy, easily lethal vehicle. his actions were literally fractions away from squashing the other (bell-end) driver like a bug, possibly leaving a further trail of destruction behind him as other innocent parties pile into the carnage infront of them.

But at least the truck driver would have got his point across I suppose?

Stop and look at the desctruction these type of drivers cause to families every single day, empathise with their position, and come back and say that it’s ok to swipe a car with an HGV if they’ve been really naughty and wound you up.

Similar analogy for frustrated tree surgeon with chain saw in hand:

‘whats the fuss? he only lost a bit of his arm. Besides, he was really really rude to the tree surgeon’

etc

jimjam
    Free Member

scaredypants

Would you treat him differently because he’s different? I don’t know him but I imagine that might make him cross

Yeah, I’d treat him differently because he’s much smaller, and hence more vulnerable.

I wouldn’t be worried about making him cross or hurting his feelings, I’d be worried that a judge would rightly see that my use of force was unreasonable if I struck and injured someone who wasn’t a physical threat to me just because they were annoying.

Now, if he came at me with a knife, and he was naked….well then that’s a different story. I’d bottle him. Then maybe teabag him while periscoping it.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Doesn’t appear to be much damage considering the car was ‘side swiped’ by the lorry trailer.

bluehelmet
    Free Member

Isn’t middle lane hogging illegal now, they should both be prosecuted.

ninfan
    Free Member

I’m trying to figure out what is flashing in the reflection at the start of that video

We can see the headlights of the truck, coming from behind – so the thing that you can see flashing in the reflection has to be ‘dashcam man’s’ hazard lights, no?

So he was driving down the middle lane of the motorway with his hazard lights flashing? WTF?

v8ninety

at the wheel of a massive, heavy, easily lethal vehicle

You know, (and I’m not defending or condoning the actions of either party; I agree with the pillock vs pillock consensus that is forming on the thread) I don’t reckon it would be particularly easy to kill or squish a bloke in a car with your lorry in these circumstances (multi lane, vehicles travelling in same direction at similar speeds). I reckon the only way he could actually achieve a true homicidal action is to side swipe him (suddenly enough to not allow enough time for reactive braking) firmly enough for the car to either exit the carriageway off an embankment or into a bridge support. Car vs HGV on motorway incidents rarely lead to fatalities or even injuries unless there are big speed differentials or the lorry falls over onto the car, IME.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

so we have a blog lady looking for readers by handing herself a fat card AND now a dash cam owner creating footage on the M1 by hogging a middle lane. Things happen in threes. Lets guess who does a bit of self promotion next?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

but the guy in the car looks equally at fault from what I can see. Everyone has a point when they will ‘snap’ – deliberately winding up an angry trucker

This is true, but if you’re going to get wound up, and snap, and try to kill someone with an Artic you should never be allowed to drive again.

I had a lorry driver try to pull a similar move on me whilst I was driving on inside lane once, my 18 month old son with me in his child seat. I had to pull into hard shoulder several times as he repeatedly tried to side swipe me. The highways agency were unable to locate footage, so in this case another unbalanced professional driver got away scot fre

Way back someone posted this. I can’t believe it’s the incident I once saw as would be far too much of a co-incidence but I once saw identical behaviour by a truck on a UK motorway. Traffic was heavy and we were too far ahead before my passenger could get a phone out to try to film it (but we did call it in to the Police). Truck that overtook a car in the inside lane then deliberately and repeatedly forced the car onto the hard shoulder. No evidence of any provocation at all – just a relatively slow moving car in the inside lane as far as I could see. Unbelievable.

m0rk
    Free Member

policewitness.com

No speed data on what will have been his top end setup. Which makes me think he went baiting and bit off more than he can chew

Both wrong, and a publicity whore

Gary_C

The car driver has his own youtube channel:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/user/PoliceWitness/videos[/video]

konabunny
    Free Member

I’ll live with the implied insult Rorschach

How do you know it’s an insult and not, say, a butterfly?

agent007
    Free Member

Plus he could have easily got out of the way of the lorry if he’d have so wanted, the truck didn’t swerve towards him at any great speed, more of a gradual thing, he had a full clear lane to the left and plenty of time to react – something tells me he wanted to induce a collision to prove his point (or gain publicity, compensation etc from this).

Mister-P
    Free Member

I bet angry cyclist in the other forum could have done more damage with his feeble punches.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Own youtube?
    Dash cam, owns dashcam company?
    Driving in the middle of the road?
    Former special policeman?

No excuse for violence or taking the law in to your own hands. I agree the lorry driver should be prosecuted but I have my doubts about the driver. Police should discuss what he’s doing with him to.

I can’t blame the trucker for getting frustrated

dosent allow him to take the law into his own hands or use violence.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

another vote for car driver deliberately antagonising trucker due to ulterior motive/agenda, and had ample opportunity to take evasive action rather than allow the (massively exaggerated) contact.

Trucker still in the wrong.

irc

Agree with the “both dicks” consensus.

The car shouldn’t have been doing 56mph in the middle lane. Only reason for doing it was to wind up the HGV driver. If a truck behind you worries you then go faster. And get into the totally clear nearside lane.

Looks like a good time to get the full recording and prosecute both drivers.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Anyone who trundles down the middle lane of a three lane highway, oblivious to anything at 56mph should be forced to repaint all the white lines on the entire M25. Twice.

Any truck driver who attempts to use forty tons of Scania as a battering ram should be forced to wear a high viz, lacy pinny and make tea for the entire Met Police. And then repaint all the white lines on the M25. Twice.

I’m not subscribing to any conspiracy theories here, except to say that my patented “knobber detector” is going off the scale at this.

MSP

Just looked at a couple of other videos and he clearly goes out to antagonise other drivers into a reaction. In each individual case it might appear that he is within the law, but taken as a whole they have got to be evidence of dangerous driving.

franksinatra

Doesn’t appear to be much damage considering the car was ‘side swiped’ by the lorry trailer.

How unfair to make that assumption from a single photo. It was enough damage to waste ambulance time require an ambulance to hospital for neck and back pain

maxtorque

Stupid, Angry man meets equally Stupid, Angry Man. They do Stupid, Angry things to each other.

(that reads wrong doesn’t it, quite Homo-erotic if i say so myself 😉

v8ninety

Story is so full of eejit that it actually makes me despair for the human race.
    Driver is eejit for antagonising lorry for selfish reasons.
    Lorry driver is eejit for rising to bait.
    Police are eejits for (apparently) not looking into this a bit more deeply and chucking book at both parties, AND for calling ambulance.
    Ambulance paramedics are eejits for not telling this bloke to sling his hook and therefor tacitly approving/enabling this sort of **** behavior.

Eejits (to a greater or lesser extent) all of them.

Gary_M
    Free Member

But I presume the single photo is showing the worst of the damage done. Don’t think they would show a pic of a small dent and scrape if the front of the car was ripped off.

Surely even minor rammage by a lorry would inflict a level of damage that would involve more than a visit from ‘chips away’ and a wipe over with t-cut.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

It was enough damage to waste ambulance time require an ambulance to hospital for neck and back pain

I’d assume he’d photographed the worst-damaged part of the car. And as a former special he’d know how to over-egg his “injury” to put ambo crew in a position where they have to take him to get checked out.

The more I watch the video the more it stinks, he’s in lane 2 with space in lane 1, with hazards on, going so slowly the truck manages to go into lane 3 to pass him, and the overtake is quicker than most lorry v lorry crawling passes you get stuck behind (yes his car is shorter than a HGV but there is a clear speed differential).

And then he gets passed by the same truck AGAIN, which suggests he’s accelerated to pass the truck before cutting back in and sitting at ~50mph.

Odd that he has 2 cameras, front and rear, apparently with data capture, but no speed?

v8ninety

Surely even minor rammage by a lorry would inflict a level of damage that would involve more than a visit from ‘chips away’ and a wipe over with t-cut.

Not if it was less ‘rammage’ (like it, btw) and more ‘gentle rubbage’ it wouldn’t.

agent007
    Free Member

Man flashes lights to encourage big hairy trucker to ‘batter him’ from the rear whilst filming the whole thing for later gratification. Trucker prefers to nudge his rear end against the man gently, so as not to spill his delicate load 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

Self righteous,vain,greedy man (he ‘invented’ oven pride!! and his motto is “I try and do 3 things daily, 1) make money, 2) have some fun, 3) and do some good –he’s certainly managed 2 out of 3 that evening) man meets equally stupid,made angry man,trying to do a job the majority of us here would never want to do.
    They do stupid, angry things to each other.
    One of them looses his ability to earn money and one garners publicity for himself and his business.

just5minutes
    Free Member

Hmmm, looks like he was doing a bit of middle lane hogging in the first bit of the video – Dashcam man’s hazards seem to be reflected in the front of the lorry even though there’s room for the car driver to pull over and there’s no visible hazard / reason for having them on from the view in the forward facing camera. The lorry may be speed limited hence the difficulty in overtaking and the lorry driver was obviously doing the right thing by not under taking.

In the second part of the video Mr dashcam has obviously overtaken the lorry again so all in all it seems a bit odd.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh doesn’t really add up and someone investigating this must be asking ‘hold on how come there’s very little damage to your car’

Sui
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member
    Yeh doesn’t really add up and someone investigating this must be asking ‘hold on how come there’s very little damage to your car’

not likely, plod wont give a damn especially as he was a “special”. Oddly enough i have an ex special working for me – he’s antagonistic too.

Agree lorry driver lost the plot in reacting, but ex plod bloke to my eyes is being a complete knobber spoiling for a fight. Maybe one day he’ll really pick the wrong person and get his head kicked in.

Sui
    Free Member

His Youtube channel is starting to get a hammering for being a knob as well.

mark90
    Free Member

Good bit from 3 mins in.

They negotiate to sell your video rights to your insurer to prove your innocence and get you a payout (I’m sure they would take a cut). Then goes on to say insurance scams are a big problem.

duckman

Comments now disabled for his channel…

matt_outandabout

I too would like to know why in middle lane with hazards on at the start…?

m0rk
    Free Member

If you watch his video, you can see he’s crawling in the middle lane, gets flashed by the lorry and slows further and puts his hazards on (to signify his Range Rover can’t do more than 35mph)

irc

Deadly roundabout indeed. If you don’t understand lane markings or how to merge

I think he’s looking for an incident again. On the way round he is rapidly passing the truck then once he gets level with the cab just matches speed. He could easily have accelerated past it before the lne merge. If not deliberate just very poor driving.

I tend to avoid going round RABs side by side with HGVs. Either hang back or get ahead. It isn’t that hard.

project
    Free Member

good driving skills by he lgv driver to just nudge /kiss the car of the numptie, driver down the road has just gone to prison for rearending quite a few cars and killing innocent driver

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/shocking-footage-shows-moment-lorry-10535522

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Car repeatedly rammed by lorry on M1’ is closed to new replies.