• This topic has 17 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by irc.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Car Park Parking Tickets?
  • tiggs121
    Free Member

I recently got one while on holiday in Barnstaple. 2 hour limit – I was there for 3 hours!

Do I need to pay this (£50) or can I avoid it?

Numberplate recognition system was used to determine arrival and departure times.

cheers

TrekEX8
    Free Member

I think there are numerous threads on this forum, but the best place to look is on pepipoo.com

dooosuk
    Free Member

Moneysaving expert has a great thread with advice on this. The rules changed so you can’t just ignore it. The thread has a flow diagram for you to follow which tells you what you need to do. Also has templates for letters you need to send.

Links:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=65106611&postcount=12

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets

mikewsmith
    Free Member

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

Just read that flow chart. Seems simple in some circumstances but for others I’d rather pay than go through all that and chalk it up as experience.

takisawa2

I followed the just ignore it advice & have a date in court with Parking Eye in Sept.
    I’d gladly pay £50 to get out of it. (£150 now).
    If you know you did wrong…pay it & move on.

firestarter
    Free Member

How long did it take them to get you to court. I ignored a series of letters around a year ago that stopped about 6 months ago and not heard anything since

seavers
    Free Member

I recently got one while on holiday in Barnstaple. 2 hour limit – I was there for 3 hours!

I know it feels crap getting a ticket, not sure if you just missed a sign or did it intentionally. You might have a case if the signs were not posted correctly but that would probably involve some evidence gathering on your part.

I would pay up and move on, that way it’s all over and you don’t have to spend weeks or months waiting for that court date. End of the day you made a mistake…no biggy.

Cougar

I followed the just ignore it advice & have a date in court with Parking Eye in Sept.

Parking Eye are a different beast to most. POPLA appeals is the way to go IIRC.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have one from UKPC.

Currently dithering on the pay-up or ignore. 😕

oldnick

Brittania parking sent me me one vaguely threatening letter which I ignored and they haven’t bothered since, seems to depend on the company.

Flaperon

So go to Court and see what happens! Be interesting to see how Parking Eye justify how you failing to pay £1 equates to them losing over £50 in potential revenue.

breadcrumb

Would some of that fine not be admin fees?

I can understand not paying a fine if its not your fault, but if the signs are there and you ignore them/lose track of time then just pay up.

bland

I was issued one at keele uni last week for £0.00!

Happy days!

Got 28 days to pay it too

rebel12
    Free Member

Would some of that fine not be admin fees?

Most judges would laugh their tits off at any company trying to charge an incurred admin fee of £100 – £150 to collect actual losses at the parking meter of £1. Admin charges do have to be reasonable and proportional.

dooosuk
    Free Member

You can’t just ignore tickets any more. As the flow chart says, if it was issued after Oct 2012 you need to take some form of action, not just ignore the ticket.

tinybits
    Free Member

I managed to get off one after calling the pay number and saying I’ll never pay (3mins nlate back to car after 5hrs, 8:00pm at night with not another car in the car park, couldn’t feel I’d done wrong). I was told that it would be passed onto the companies legal team and was a very serious matter. I laughed down the phone at how dramatic the guy was being and he hung up. I called back and asked to talk to the legal department to be told there wasn’t one (by the same guy). All letters stopped after that.

irc

Here’s a transcript of a court case where Parking Eye lost. Seems possible to win at court but will require a lot of preparation and depend on the facts of each case. In this case it seems Parking Eye tried to rely on a 2013 version of a contract between the landowner and them for a 2012 parking ticket.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/4be9744029488d97a4de50455867bb8d?AccessKeyId=4CB8F2392A09CF228A46&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Car Park Parking Tickets?’ is closed to new replies.