Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Car park bike stand
  • Premier Icon thegeneralist
    Free Member

Get the butler to hold it?

Premier Icon pimpingimp
    Free Member

To be fair to the OP I won’t lean my bike against the car either, I always used to and once it was leaning against my shiny new E Class for about 10 mins before it decided to slip and crack the lens on my rear LED lamp cluster. Not ideal.

I’m cheaper than the OP though, so I solved it be leaving my bike on the floor now seeing as that’s where it’s going to end up anyway.
    I’m not fussed about it getting run over either. I figure they’ll be buying me a new one if that happens

Premier Icon intheborders
    Free Member

I’m assuming that the OP uses a towbar rack, because:
    1 He wouldn’t put it in the car if he’s worried about the rear tyre leaning against the car
    2 It’s an eBike and too heavu for the roof.

So why not just lean it against the towbar rack?

Premier Icon kayak23

I normally lean mine against a nearby T5

Premier Icon aide

How about a gripster? Nice and small. Pop onto handlebars, lean that against car, no damage done. Used it inside the van i used when i went up north with the bike

Premier Icon wombat

How about a couple of pieces of old towel?

A piece about 6″ square is plenty big enough to act as a pad between handlebar/seat and paintwork.

Virtually free, small and easy to carry, almost weightless.

Alternatively, put one of your riding *gloves over the bar end before leaning it against the vehicle.

*Socks also work but are much less convenient as you have to put your sock and shoe back on whilst holding your bike away from the car in a potentially wet and muddy carpark. You can probably get a friend to hold your bike whilst re-socking and shoeing if balance is an issue.

Premier Icon trumpton
    Free Member

I can understand having a stand for carpark fettling. I can just about understand the OP.Leaving a bike away from cars maybe mean it is out of sight slightly. Maybe it’s not such a bad idea.

Premier Icon thebibbles

If you won’t use any old stick, find a stick you like the look of (maybe a Y shape), whittle it until it feels like it’s special and yours. Maybe even carve your initials into it and give it a name like the StickStand and sell it on ebay and make millions so you can just but a new bike each time you ride and not worry about it getting run over.

Premier Icon nwmlarge

Reverse the car in to the bay, leave bike behind car?

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m not fussed about it getting run over either. I figure they’ll be buying me a new one if that happens

Aye, best of luck with that.

Premier Icon konanige

If you see a silver Nissan Pathfinder with a dented boot lid in the car park your welcome to lean your bike against it😊😊

Premier Icon fruitbat

What about a folding walking stick – perhaps with a modification to the handle to make a ‘Y’ shape??

Premier Icon doomanic

I normally lean mine against a nearby T5

Aren’t you worried you might for forget which one?

Premier Icon doomanic

I have something similar to this;

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Minoura-DS-40CS-Chain-Stay-Bike-Stand_114534.htm

Folds flat so takes up very little space and allows the rear wheel to rotate for cleaning.

Premier Icon jkomo

Helicopter tape the car area for leaning duties. Might only be a small patch.
    Or trap a big towel in the door.

Premier Icon skellnonch
    Free Member

Never had this problem? I did run over someones kiteboard in a car park once…. I put that down to the idiocy of the owner though.

Premier Icon twotonpredator

Handlebar Jack

Premier Icon benp1

Can you tow another car that you can then lean your bike against worry free?

Premier Icon wzzzz
    Free Member

Just lean it against the car parked next to you

Premier Icon joshvegas
    Free Member

Where is this carpark where bikes get run over? I need a new bike…

Take two bikes and lean them against each other. On the plus side this gives the help transportation to get them home without messing up your car interior.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.