Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Car Paintwork protection – boot rack – which really thick heli tape like stuff?
  • Premier Icon oliverd1981
    Free Member

So as per the title really = I would like to protect the paint around the contact points for my thule so I need something like 8 50mm x 50mm patches of something relatively clear, robust and reasonably rigid. Precut with rounded corners preferred.

I don’t really believe in heli taping bikes so i have no idea of the terminology or specs.

I like the look of the film that’s sometimes applied adjacent to the back door of certain cars to protect them against passenger damage but its one of those things that’s tricky to google/ebay for without ending up with thin tatty rubbish.

Premier Icon orangeboy
    Free Member

3m Ventura shield is used a lot on cars and invisiframe butt not sure how rub resistant it is

Premier Icon bigyim
    Free Member

Oliver I might have some in the shed you can have. Drop me an email with your details and I’ll see what I can find

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Car Paintwork protection – boot rack – which really thick heli tape like stuff?’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.