Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • Car owner stereotypes alive and well at Center Parcs!
  • nickewen
    Free Member

Arrived yesterday and did our normal thing of avoiding the 3.30pm check-in madness where everyone sits in the main car park gridlocked with engines running until they open the gate. People seem to have a bewilderingly high tolerance for sitting in a car not moving.. Anyway, the usual bellends in the usual cars were fulfilling most of the common stereotypes:

> Mr purple sline Audi man speeding right up to his lodge where his two kids were playing outside.
    > Mr range rover sport pushing the little hatchback in front of him.
    > Mr bottom spec diesel 1-series with illegal plates and dodgy aftermarket black wheels doing wheelspins in the gravel.
    > Mr M-Sport 3 series leaving his car all night outside his lodge, getting a ticket, looking all angry/confused before speeding off the wrong way down the 1 way system to return his car to the main car park.
    > Mr fully paid up member of the pops and bangs dickhead brigade flooring and lifting off in 1st gear repeatedly to make as much noise as possible while going 20mph in his Focus ST.
    > And my personal favourite Mr I think I’m a cage fighter driving a pickup truck with barbarian written on it several times in massive writing who reversed up a steep and intricate incline narrowly avoiding rocks and trees and to get 10ft closer to his lodge for unloading.

My wife is sick to death of my shit patter regarding said bellends so thought I’d come on here and bore you lot with my dull account of blokes being dicks in cars. So, what car owner stereotypes have been fulfilled recently for you?

Drac

How’s your swingers holiday going?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They sound more like Center Parcs stéréotypes to me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grtdkad

Ha ha – brilliant. Can picture them now.

mrjmt
    Free Member

My wife is sick to death of my shit patter

Perhaps she’s been on Mumsnet and the trip is not quite what she was hoping for.

ajantom

How many of them (I hope this doesn’t include you!) have school age children taken out of school to get cheap er Centre Parcs prices in term time?

That annoys me far more than shit car antics 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Which one were you

Drac

Which one were you

Lexus driver wearing his driving gloves, white cotton cap and aviator shades while tutting at others.

You goes to Center Parcs, you takes your choice.

But cool story bro

nickewen
    Free Member

The japanese mercedes, I wish!

How many of them (I hope this doesn’t include you!) have school age children taken out of school to get cheap er Centre Parcs prices in term time?

That annoys me far more than shit car antics 😉

What annoys you – how parents choose to treat their own children, or Center Parcs ripping you off at school holiday time?

big_scot_nanny

@nickewen enjoyed that, very funny

Stereotypes do exist for a reason, whether confirmation bias, perceptual or otherwise, always interesting.

Especially interesting to leave the UK and work internationally for many years – the RoW view on the British stereotype was very revealing (and accurate!), as it was for the rest of the worlds nations. Funny stuff.

matt_outandabout

So, what car owner stereotypes have been fulfilled recently for you?

I listened to classic FM on the way home tonight.

ajantom

What annoys you – how parents choose to treat their own children, or Center Parcs ripping you off at school holiday time?

Bit of both. Not that I ever want to go to CP 😉

As a teacher I dislike having to try and help little Jane or Jonny catch up what they missed when their parents take them out for a couple of weeks in term time.
    Especially when it’s invariably the kids who do zero homework, and who are taken out for spurious reasons on a regular basis.

senorj

As rants go , that’s a 9/10.
    🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I love center Parcs, I wanted to hate it, but it’s brilliant.

No traffic, awesome pool, no dogs, loads to do, good clean fun.

I’ll be there with my 12 year old civic this year, wonder how the OP will classify me?.

breadcrumb

I had massive reservations about Centre Parcs but it’s actually ok for the same reasons Nobeer gives. It’s easy with two young kids, just got to be careful on the first and last day while the cars are about.

Waderider
    Free Member

Centreparcs, its the modern Butlins, what do you expect?

Drac

No traffic, awesome pool, no dogs, loads to do, good clean fun.

They allow dogs?

Good clean fun is how certain sites advertise trips to centre Parcs.

scuttler

Perhaps she’s been on Mumsnet and the trip is not quite what she was hoping for.

👍

Nice summary OP. Sort of game I play in my head.

Swirly
    Free Member

@nickewen good work…funny stuff

Though I have to agree with wot the teacher said (married to a teacher myself)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

They allow dogs?

Aye, about a dozen at a time, and they have a walking area, so the rest of us don’t have to be in the same area as them.

Cougar

I’ll be there with my 12 year old civic this year,

Funny name for a kid but I suppose it is the 21st Century. She’ll be able to play out with Abcde I expect.

LAT

Why are you at centre parks?

Inbred456
    Free Member

One of the upsides of having a dog I guess is that I will be unable to frequent these type of places and I’ll have to use a tent or rent a cottage. Damn they allow dogs!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

LAT – To watch other people by the sounds of it.

Inbred – superb.

Drac

Drac

Damn they allow dogs!

They do yes but luckily they have special areas for miserable people to walk, so you shouldn’t see any dog haters.

whatgoesup

6 …. not bad.

I wonder if there’s a seventh ?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not a dog hater at all, just get pissed off wi a lot the entitled **** that own them.

LAT

No beer, don’t get caught watching people in the pool.

Drac, one of those keys is for the male box.

edit

Nickewen, very amusing assassinations and summary.

chestrockwell

Been a few times and liked it, or at least the kids have so I have. Can’t say I bumped in to too many idiots so meh.

jamj1974

I thought this would be a “What lube for…” thread.

Disappointed that it’s not and that someone hasn’t suggested Putoline as the answer for all conditions.

1. Heat Putoline on a camping stove or cheap deep fat fryer

2. Apply and scream.

3…

frankconway

Nick – very good 🙂
    Like to think I don’t fall into any of your stereotypical categories; I drive both an Audi and Merc – but not at same time.
    As for Drac’s bowl of keys – I don’t see one with the either Drac or Mod on the fob so…..I’m out 😉

franksinatra

If you hate it that much why do you go? Done like whilst everyone else is enjoying hanging out with their kids, you are just wallowing in your judgemental dislike of everyone.

Kryton57

We’re off for our third trip to CP in April.  First time around I too was surprised how much I enjoyed it.  As has been said, no cars, kids free to wander in a different environment – as “London” kids mine love playing amongst the trees – and some different activities to do even if that’s just wallowing in the pool between coffees and beers.  As my Nan used to say “a change is as good as a rest”.

We take our own bikes and booze and find everyone else quite pleasant and interactive in a chilled removed environment.

Markie
    Free Member

We like it too. But then, I figure as a Ford Galaxy driving middle aged man I’m pretty much target demographic!

redmex
    Free Member

’92 was the year we drove all the way to Newark couldn’t find the place , the weekenders were the worst usually sales rep cars flouting the laws as they had work on the Monday. Everything was fairly new back then but other than the pool, the cycling or the kart track nearby it was ok too long a drive and two wasted days
    Oasis the next year a wee bit better

squirrelking
    Free Member

Interesting regarding the no cars idea, we went to a mostly Dutch campsite in Germany last year and despite cars being allowed on site they were relatively infrequent sights and never caused any issues. Perhaps it says more about us as a nation than it does about the owners of certain cars.

oldtennisshoes

Someone on here once described it as a magnet for aspiring middle managers with too many tattoos.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Car owner stereotypes alive and well at Center Parcs!’ is closed to new replies.