Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Car lock help.
  • TroutWrestler
    Free Member

The plastic latch that connects the manual key lock tumbler to the actual door lock on my 2013 Fiat Doblo has snapped. This means I can lock/unlock no problem with the remote, but cannot use the key in the keyhole on the driver’s door. Unfortunately this is the only keyhole on the vehicle.

I can’t use the manual only key to open the door.

This is the part I need: I have checked with the seller, he only has parts for the left door, and the part is handed. I found another seller in Germany, again only left door. I need the mirror of this, for the RIGHT front door.

I know Fiat will only want to sell me the complete lock assembly.

Any ideas on where I might find it?

If I bought the left, could I get a 3D printer to scan, flip, and print the part? Any idea on cost?

mattyfez

Local scrap yard challenge.

I had a similar issue with cracked trim on a wing mirror .. Scrappy had one, but would only sell me the complete electric mirror unit, but it was £20 so I wasn’t too heart broken..

Online scrappy traders charge a big markup but if you physically go to some actual yards, they are pretty cheap..

Looking at that ebay advert it looks like a shared part as it says vauxhall and fiat, so you’re chances of locating a scrapped car with the right parts are increased even if you have to buy a whole lock assembly and just bin the bits you don’t need..

drnosh
    Free Member

Why buy the left and ask somebody to 3D print an inverse copy?

You have the right. Remove it and just copy it.

Are you sure Fiat don’t have this listed as a spare part?

Get to the dealer and look at the parts diagrams.

What about a Vauxhall dealer?

drnosh
    Free Member

If it is a common part with Vauxhall, get to a Vauxhall dealer.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Thanks. I’ll try vauxhall and the scrappy, but finding a 2010- Doblo might be a challenge.

The reason I’d buy a left for scan/print rather than retrieve the part from my current lock is that it is a mission to strip the door to remove it. If it took the piece out, I’d be unable to close or lock the driver’s door, which would be inconvenient.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Car lock help.’ is closed to new replies.