Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • car insurance claim/incident date the same?
  • D0NK

we were in an incident >16months ago, insurance company were told immediately but due to… well, lots of stuff, we only claimed for the damage to our car a couple of months ago. So, it is now renewal time is the claim date the same as the incident date? do I have 12months ncb yet?

The automated renewal form still seems to think I have several years NCB, yes I can contact my insurer but I wanted to get a couple of search engine quotes before I spoke to them.

legend
    Free Member

The question is always along the lines of “any accidents/claims in the last 5 years”. I’d be putting in the accident date as that when you became the bigger risk and you did inform them at the time anyway

D0NK

yeah that’s what I assumed but wondered if anyone could confirm, I don’t want to put wrong details in the quote form. Our current insurer asks for years of ncb, claim being the operative word.

demonracer

Is it possible you had protected No claims hence it still appearing on your renewal?

D0NK

nah that’s an optional extra, I don’t do extras. 🙂

demonracer

Ok, I presume you used your no claims when you last renewed your insurance, so now you have claimed you will have 0 no claims to use. This is unless there was a second driver involved who was found to be at fault, in this instance you may have retained your no claims discount.

k-sugden
    Free Member

Usual procedure is that you step back 2 years NCB for your first claim so if you had a max 5 years you would step back to 3 Years

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘car insurance claim/incident date the same?’ is closed to new replies.