Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Car hit last night, no details left…….
  • RustySpanner

Quick update.

I sent texts to several of the more probable variations of the number left on my screen.

The bloke responsible has just got back to me with his name and address!

Doesn’t want to go through insurance, just wants to pay cash, which is fine by me.
    🙂

Happy New Year everyone.

wwaswas

Everyone likes a happy ending 🙂

NewRetroTom

Wow, that was unexpected. So the guy was honest, just very bad at writing his phone number down. Had he left a digit off in the middle or what? How on earth did you guess it?

RustySpanner

Two fives next to each other in the number – added another five and that one worked.
    🙂

He’s just texted me back with his details.
    Reckons he knocked on a couple of doors but no one answered.
    I sleep with earplugs in so it’s very possible.

Fingers crossed he decides to cough up when he gets the estimate……

maccruiskeen

I sent texts to several of the more probable variations of the number left on my screen.

The bloke responsible has just got back to me with his name and address!

Meanwhile on another forum “some random weirdo keeps texting me blaming me for a hit and run. I’ve offered to pay him cash in the hope he’ll go away”

other forum members are typing “tell him you’ve been knocking on his door – it gives them a ‘we know where you live’ message then text him to say you reckon you’d be able to wee in his shoes through the letter box even if he’s pretending to be asleep”

RustySpanner

Double post.

RustySpanner

I did get a nice phone call from an African lady who was sorry to hear about my accident but doesn’t own a car and lives about 200 miles away.
    She offered to send me a copy of her weekly bus pass to prove it wasn’t her and told me she was going to pray for me.
    🙂

I shall call her later and thank her.
    😀

martinhutch

She offered to send me a copy of her weekly bus pass to prove it wasn’t her and told me she was going to pray for me.

Yeh, but she would say that, wouldn’t she? 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Car hit last night, no details left…….’ is closed to new replies.