• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Nico.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Car hire -ROI
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

Any recommendations? Excesses seem crazy at 1500 Euro

mikewsmith
    Free Member

About normal for most places, they are cutting costs by taking cheaper and cheaper insurance, some are even not offering breakdown cover so get your own insurance before then.

Usual answer from me – one with an international presence and offices, book ahead some of the sites trawl them all and come up with the best price

https://www.rentalcars.com/

Check the prices here and then compare direct.

nickjb
    Free Member

We just go with the cheapest and recently they’ve been very cheap. We paid £23 for 4 days recently. I’ve had a few issues with dodgy cheap hire companies but never in Ireland. They’ve all been fine there. As above just get your own insurance.

iamanobody
    Free Member

Where was that from?

nickjb
    Free Member

Normally use holiday autos to find the deal. They just hook you up with the local companies

kilo

We hire regularly in RoI and use holiday autos to trawl which usually gives us thrifty car hire, I would advise seperate excess insurance as the only problems we ever had is punctures (strictly it was my brother who punctured two tyres in one journey to a funeral – narrow roads with dodgy edges)

iamanobody
    Free Member

looking about 37 quid a day!!

Del

do you think that’s a lot?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sounds about right depending on the car you get, what do you normally pay for car hire?

iamanobody
    Free Member

when the bloke above says £23 – that sounds ok – £37 for a tiny 1.0l motor is pricey!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well context is everything, I’ve had a brand new transit for £28/day but it was over easter and the office was shut for 3 of the days so they had a special on for longer hire.

£23 from a big supplier in a very quiet time might be possible.

If you have been through the comparison sites above and tried a few of them for a direct then that is probably the best price for your times and requirements. Try looking at bigger cars though as sometimes the tiny ones are more popular.

Failing that is the price in your budget? If so book it.

Nico
    Free Member

I thought this was about return on investment. Is disappoint.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Car hire -ROI’ is closed to new replies.