Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Car Hire Italy
  • white101

Flying into Pisa in late June and have been looking at car hire, perhaps ts a bit late in the day hence prices I’m being quoted £670 for a fortnight for a astra(ish) estate. 2 named drivers both (sadly) over 40.
    Never been before so was wonderng if this a reasonable price?

TooTall
    Free Member

£620 for a Zafira for 2 wks in June from Manchester airport plus £100 for an additional driver. Seems about right really.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Holiday autos?

Its showing £438 for june 23 (as an example) for 2 weeks in an astra estate? About £50 extra for more insurance to reduce / remove the excess.

In Pisa they tend use use Sixt, sometimes Europcar.

piemonster

Car hire…Italy

You will die.

piemonster

Hopefully not btw

white101

Cheers all.
    Going on 22nd June so have asked Holiday Autos for a quote as well. Cheers for that.

Piemonster, hoping I will make it back. I have driven in Instanbul and that was a bit hairy!

garlando

I always use carhire3000.com
    Two weeks Clio September about 330quid

martinhutch

Sounds reasonable. Check with a couple of providers if you’re not sure – we used Holiday Autos in the end and their service was good, even when some idiot managed to lose the credit card needed to pick the damn thing up. 😳

Make sure you have camera ready to check for dents and scratches, and photograph them all with your phone. Amazing how many we found, even on a newish vehicle.

hammerite
    Free Member

Check for things like out of hours collection charges if you are arriving early/late or on a Sunday. Where we went Holiday Autos were trying to charge an out of hours charge, none of the providers at the airport charged though.

Also try to use a Cashback site, can sometimes get some money back, think we got 8% back.

BlobOnAStick

Driving in Italy?

Read the overtaking thread when you get back and laugh heartiously at the petty-minded British attitudes……… 😉

I’ve done a lot of driving/car hiring over there, I’d say that the cheaper companies are always looking out to charge extras (a great deal of attention paid to condition of the returned motor – more fool you if you didn’t check when you picked it up!) In the end I always went for the more expensive companies for the peace of mind that there wouldn’t be any surprise charges.

I don’t think this is particular to Italy, I’ve also encountered similar in Malta and Cyprus with cheap car hirers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Car Hire Italy’ is closed to new replies.