• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by 5lab.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Car hire insurance, is this a scam or normal.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Last weekend my other half had to fly to Bristol and as she needed a hire car booked that through Easy Jet at the same time. She then had a bump in the car, slow speed in heavy traffic, she bumped the car in front. The insurance, AXA/CarTrawler are now saying they do not cover 3rd party. Surely that’s one of the main points of car insurance. Is this normal or are they trying it on.

oceanskipper

Sounds a bit odd to me. Have you got a copy of the doc she signed when she hired the car?

I’d be going through that line by line if I were you.

convert

The insurance, AXA/CarTrawler are now saying they do not cover 3rd party.

Does not make sense, or if it does make sense it’s crazy! You don’t mean, it’s only third party insurance do you?

Who was the hire firm?

downshep

Third party is the legal minimum. Refer to hire agreement, there will be Insurance T&Cs within.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

It was Eurocar that supplied the car.

vlad_the_invader

FWIW, Mrs Vlad had booked a rental car with Easirent in Manchester and the third party and CDW insurances were different charges (both around £12 per day IIRC…).
    I wasn’t present when she picked up car so not sure whether she could opt in or out of either element…

5lab

Europe car will cover the third party, your insurance package covers the excess you will pay

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.