Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Car hire in America
  • duntmatter
    Free Member

I’m going to be the only driver on a 10 day holiday in the US next month. Flights booked and really looking forward to it..

The problem is I only passed my driving test a few months ago, and I’m told you can’t rent a car unless you’ve been driving for at least a year. 😯

Is this true? If so, has anyone got experience of buying a banger or doing car delivery over there?

Pigface
    Free Member

Done car delivery but you will be very lucky if it fits in exactly with your dates.

Bought a truck in Texas and couldnt sell it due to not having an insurance certificate. I didn’t know anything about this but got very lucky when a friend of a friend helped me out. Dont know what the rules are in other states.

jota180
    Free Member

Not heard of a restriction on how long you need to have held a licence only a minimum age [21]

I’ve used carhire3000.com a few times without issue
    They’re just a broker for the big rental companies

top tip – buy whatever addons and insurance you want upfront and flatly refuse everything they try to get you to take when you pick it up

EDIT from Car3000s website

Driver Age & Requirements
    The minimum driver age required is 21 .
    Young drivers aged between 21 and 24 Inclusive pay $25-$30+Tax per day
    All drivers must hold a full and valid Driving licence issued outside USA & Canada . Unfortunately it is not possible to rent this vehicle on this package with a licence issued in the USA & Canada.
    [/i]

jam-bo

Don’t take the camaro upgrade, they’re rubbish. Should have taken the mustang.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Car hire in America’ is closed to new replies.