Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Car Derived Vans – Speed Limits
  • hammyuk
    Free Member

Not always Jambo
    My Maxi Life was cheaper than the same year “van” by enough to make a difference in the real world.
    N1 is a flat fixed rate year dependent.
    M1 changes as “normal” cars on emissions.
    Well worth checking the log book 😉

joat

The artics should be doing 40……in England anyway.

Not any more, it’s 50 now and 60 on dual carriageways. Which makes a bit of a mockery of the fact that you can be in an unloaded small van, well maybe a 14kg bike, and have to stick to the same limit. Which is fine as long as you like your rear view mirror filled with HGV grill.

keng38
    Free Member

If its any help I can fit my bike in the back of my Corsavan if i take both the wheels off. And its under the parcel shelf so completely out of view.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Alot of this is determined by who bought it and how they want to pay tax on it this is why some of you have vehicles that can do 70 an others only 60

Afaik you cannot change m1 to n1 or vice versa. But once it’s a camper you can get it changed to a motorcaravan.

I have an iveco daily that can do 60/70 I have no interest in doing 70 i tend to sit at 55 on the cruise uses less fuel.

As for berlingo. – the 600kg payloads come in at car derived and the 900kg payload becomes a van for speedlimits.

I know a number of people that have been tugged for it and points make prizes.

fourbanger
    Free Member

My Peugeot Expert is limited to about 110 by aerodynamics.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Just do 80mph everywhere then there’s no guess work involved.

CountZero

Just do 80mph everywhere then there’s no guess work involved.

I usually stick to just over 80, about 83, which gives about 75 according to my satnav, and I have large commercial vans hammering past me as if I’m doing about 50!
    I’ve had a couple of vans, one a car-sized panel van, that was physically limited to 70, actually 68, most have been capable of doing over 80-90. I did have an ex-Royal Navy van a few weeks ago which did have a label on the dash about speed limits, but it wasn’t physically limited.
    It’s clearly a really difficult issue to pin down.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Not that difficult. Just have to read your v5 and stick to the prescribed limit really.

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice.

After driving today (following comments from above) it made me think that the lower limit won’t be all that bad.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Car Derived Vans – Speed Limits’ is closed to new replies.