Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Car damage
  • Rscott
    Free Member

So today I managed to clip another car, no damage tomy car and very little to theirs it was in a car park and both of us were moving,but it was entierly my fault.

The other party was very concerned about there paint work, but didnt want to go through insurance, Neither did I. But I am willing to cough up for Damages obviously and we exchanged details she even asked where i would take the car.

So i gave her a couple of places i know do good work.

How long should I leave before giving her a ring to see if she has managed to get any quotes if she doesn’t contact me, Im going abroud for a few weeks on the 11th of march and i’d like to get it sorted before then. would it be unreasonable for me to arrange the work myself and provide her with a hire car/ curtsy car,to make sure it doesn’t drag on?

spooky_b329

Whole heap of trouble getting involved, she might be amenable but what if you get it done and her other half kicks off that it’s not good enough. Or they damage or don’t return hire car promptly.

They get quotes and you pay, or if it’s really minor, send a chipsaway type outfit round to them.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Just give her a ring, apologise again and tell her you’d appreciate it if she could get some quotes this week as you’re away from the 11th for a while.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Just wait for the whiplash claim to come in then you’ll wish you’d gone through the insurance 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If it was entirely your fault, I’d be wondering why she didn’t want to go through insurance (unless she’s worried abut her premiums rising as a result of a no fault claim). I wonder if she was actually insured to be driving the car she was driving. I’d just give her a nudge to see if she’s done anything and maybe just ask her for her insurance details (in case, like, it might all be a bit expensive for you to cover for cash).

retro83
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

I wonder if she was actually insured to be driving the car she was driving.

What’s the relevance of that?

andyl
    Free Member

The relevance is she would have been breaking the law and be in for a whole lot of trouble so for her the no insurance route is the only way to keep her out of bother. OP will still have to pay to get the car fixed either directly or through insurance for the owner of the car but anyone who drives without insurance deserves everything they get from the law.

Cougar

Fault or no, if she’s driving without insurance and you’re offering to pay for her car, you want your bumps feeling.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry, don’t wish to start a disagreement on the OP’s thread. Bizarrely, the two times I’ve hit other cars and it was entirely my fault (watching the roundabout instead of the car in front waiting to go 🙂 ), even though I admitted fault each time, I became fairly certain in each case that the other driver was uninsured. I remember the first clearly – me (after pretty much writing the guy’s car off): “I’m really sorry, I’d love to help you out but it’s a pool car and it’ll have to be done through my company’s insurance.” Him (after mulling it over for a second): “you know what mate, it’s my landlord’s car, I’ll just tell him someone drove into it in a car park. Don’t worry about it. No, really, don’t worry. Forget it.” 😀

Rscott
    Free Member

we have both exchanged insurance details as i insisted on this anyway.I would hope she be honest enough whip lash with speeds being so low that neither of us even thought the cars had touched at first.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Thats what my dad thought. When the claim came in it was for whiplash to four people in the car (there was only the driver!!). He told the insurance company about it but they did nothing and just paid up.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Car damage’ is closed to new replies.