Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Car crashes into prayer meeting; people call for more prayer to help victims
  • Northwind

I’m a horrible **** so I can’t help but find this one a bit funny despite it obviously being a personal tragedy for those involved… If your first prayer session resulted in God sending a car into your house, you’re clearly doing it wrong, and should stop. More praying will only piss Him off and lead to a further Plague of Buick.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-car-plows-bible-study-home-harbor-gateway-20160728-snap-story.html

Unless, of course, they were actually praying for a new car, in which case it’s an actual miracle.

RobHilton
    Free Member

If only they all had guns they could have protected themselves

bigrich

Might have been praying for a new patio door

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I’m a horrible **** so I can’t help but find this one a bit funny despite it obviously being a personal tragedy for those involved…

😯

Too late to edit – but hope you sober up quickly.

duckman

Clearly.

Northwind – Member

I’m a horrible ****

TheFlyingOx

duckman

Clearly you are too stupid to be able to tell the difference between offended and thinking that enjoying other people’s misery,or finding it funny is a bit naff.But hey;it’s Christians,so fair game. Feel free to post similar in the Sharia UK sites and be sure to link us all in to the replies.

bencooper
    Free Member

Not sure I’d call it funny, it is a bit ironic – though did I miss the bit in the article where “people call for more prayer to help victims”?

It does really annoy me that people think that praying for something is the same as doing something.

maccruiskeen

It does really annoy me that people think that praying for something is the same as doing something.

Who needs prayer then theres online petitions to click.

Sandwich

Unless, of course, they were actually praying for a new car, in which case it’s an actual miracle.

I am also a bad person as I found this funny. Schadenfreude it’s a wonderful thing.

TheFlyingOx

Clearly you are too stupid…

Well that’s me told 🙄

I hope you hold yourself to a higher standard when judging the mental faculties of those you teach.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m a horrible **** so I can’t help but find this one a bit funny

You forgot to add that they were Americans for added amusement, hopefully white Americans.

Well that’s cheered up my Sunday morning. Your comment about praying for a new car was hilarious.

5thElefant
    Free Member

😀

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Oh dear, wasn’t their a death of a toddler sat out in a hot car outside church in Texas last week , whilst his parents prayed inside,
    Was it God or the parents will ?

Religion a means of controlling the masses

duckman

Ohh…I have a stalker!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It’s funny in the same way this is funny :

Noahs Ark Theme Park hit by Flood

TheFlyingOx

Don’t flatter yourself. It’s right there in your profile.

duckman

So you clicked my profile why? Who is meant to be professionally offended again?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc[/video]

TheFlyingOx

So you clicked my profile why?

Just wondered who this “duckman” was, who is able to determine a poster’s intelligence based on a lone snarky meme post. Of course, it comes as no surprise that one as quick to take offence and post the obligatory retaliatory virtue-signal would assume this is as a result of obsessive tendencies rather than simple curiosity.

It’s Sunday, mate. Lighten up.

Trimix
    Free Member

I found it funny. What is tragic is they will believe its gods will and he knows best.

taxi25
    Free Member

The thing is it isn’t remotely funny. Unless you think gunmen entering a church and killing an elderly priest or bombing a mosque full of the wrong kind of muslims is funny. But I’m not offended if you do, just a little bit saddened.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Did anyone else think – ‘on the edge of the Cairngorm’s‘ what?

duckman

Again, you are obvious too stupid sorry, you found that offensive; unable to tell the difference between offended and finding something in poor taste. My feelings were,and remain the latter. But as stated above by others,different people find different things amusing. If you think anybody who doesn’t find that amusing is “professionally offended” then..actually you are stupid.

TheFlyingOx

In poor taste: offensive

Given the above, and the fact that you have somehow decided I’m offended despite never even being so close as hinting at the possibility*, I’m not sure I’m the one who’s being stupid.

*although that’s a textbook example of what you do though: see offence round every corner, in every forum post 😀

lucien

White, two sugars – anyone for a bourbon?

duckman

Nope sorry;it is not beyond the realms of possibility to find something tasteless without being offended. As for this

*although that’s a textbook example of what you do though: see offence round every corner, in every forum post

I am confused; I thought you just had a quick look at my profile and b) do you have any evidence of this from reading through my posts or are you just making stuff up? Trying to suggest that anybody not finding that story funny is “professionally offended” is stupid. That remains my point,pointing it out clearly offended you enough to dig through my profile and make mention of what I do for a living.

crikey
    Free Member

Are you two getting a room or what?

bearnecessities

..to create: Flying Duckman!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Catchphrase: He don’t give a flying duck….

TheFlyingOx

Trying to suggest that anybody not finding that story funny is “professionally offended” is stupid

Another reading comprehension fail. I posted in response to you and thm high-horsing about how much of a **** Northwind is. At what point have I mentioned folk not finding it funny?
    I can see a lot of folk would not appreciate the humour/irony of the situation because, you know, someone’s died. But some people do find it funny. What I find funny is watching folk pounce on posts they are not compelled to read just so they can out the poster as a horrible, unsympathetic, morally bankrupt individual, and in doing so prove to everyone else that they are not so. It’s like you* have to remind everyone how much a paragon of virtue you* are every now and again.

Like I said, lighten up.

*the collective “you”, not you duckman, although you seem to have taken this quite personally.

duckman

I actually quoted NW’s own words.

What I find funny is watching folk pounce on posts they are not compelled to read just so they can out the poster as a horrible, unsympathetic, morally bankrupt individual, and in doing so prove to everyone else that they are not so. It’s like you* have to remind everyone how much a paragon of virtue you* are every now and again.

Didn’t do any of that. Can you show where I did? TBH,I have bought various bits an pieces from NW over the years,comes across as a good lad.I think you are still struggling to separate poor taste and offended.BTW; that was quite a rant for somebody who is telling others to lighten up.

TheFlyingOx

*sigh*

Can you show where I did?

duckman – Member
    Clearly.

Northwind – Member
    I’m a horrible ****[/quote]
    If NW has already called it, why do you need to chip in if not to signal your distaste to everyone else?

I think you are still struggling to separate poor taste and offended

I’ve provided a link to a well-known dictionary in which the definition of the phrase “in poor taste” includes “offensive”, indicating that they are synonymous. You’ve provided an opinion suggesting that they’re not. Teach me where I’m going wrong.

And it was hardly a rant. There were no misplaced apostrophes for a start.

crikey
    Free Member

Chaps, please…

At least insult each others mothers or some thing, this is hardly going to end up as a kayak/flare gun duel is it?

zokes
    Free Member

You two are a great comedy act in some regards; in others, you just appear a bit pathetic. Just swap email addresses if you really feel some burning desire to resolve this.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Email addresses? I feel this has got to the point where actual addresses need to be swapped.

Iiiiiiiin the red corner…

TheFlyingOx

Hey, it’s passing a long and tedious day at work for me. Nothing more, nothing less. I harbour no ill-will towards duckman.

duckman

Tell you what OX,you stick to deciding when people are offended,it is clearly something you insist you are the judge of. I am off to Glencoe shortly,enjoy your long and tedious day. (Middle finger emicon)

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

You going to take that shit, Ox?

legend
    Free Member

I hoping we at least get a flounce out of this, otherwise it’s been a total waste of time

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Car crashes into prayer meeting; people call for more prayer to help victims’ is closed to new replies.