• This topic has 23 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by cp.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Car break down services
  • iDave
    Free Member

recommend one please, not fond of AA and RAC based on previous experiences.

Liftman

Green flag

kitebikeski
    Free Member

GEM has proved cheap & reliable, but is a pay & reclaim which can be a pain.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

recommend one please, not fond of AA and RAC based on previous experiences.

You might have one with your bank account?

Bought the Grover?

iDave
    Free Member

Bought another Saab

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bought another Saab

Architect.

iDave
    Free Member

or dentist….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Whenever I turn up at a site, if I see a Saab parked in the car park I think to myself, “Eh oop, the architect is here somewhere”. 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

I have been referred to as the great architect*

*conjecture

project
    Free Member

Whenever I turn up at a site, if I see a Saab parked in the car park I think to myself,

Wheres he going to get parts from now its gone bust.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have been referred to as the great architect*

I know which disciple has bestowed this title on you. He no likey me either. 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

yeah, suddenly all Saab parts vanished from motor factors and breakers yards the world over….

sugdenr
    Free Member

Just like Rover parts, cant get them for love or money now 🙄

Northwind

Whichever you go with, have a look at topcashback/similiar before you buy- I got my AA cover for about 30% of the standard price, and they offered the same at renewal. I think Greenflag and RAC are often on there too.

(and hey- if you do that, you might want to use my referral link 😉 http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/northwind. )

Yeah, my experience of the AA hasn’t been great. Despite paying for Homestart, they wouldn’t come to me for 3 days due to being busy last winter.

However, in true STW fashion, when I dared to report it on here it somehow became my fault for being mardy or something.

Northwind

I’ve had good and bad from RAC, nothing but good from AA but I bet they can screw things up as well as anyone if they set their mind to it

(I only had basic roadside cover with AA when my Focus kicked the bucket halfway to Wales on a saturday evening, the chap spent about 2 hours with me and managed to fix it, by rights he should have just walked away or made me pay for a relay home. Superb really)

RAC once refused to send a guy out because my cover was apparently for a car “No sir, you have no cover for your motorbike, only car cover for your Suzuki car.” “I don’t own a car! My Suzuki is a motorbike! The cover is through my motorbike insurance!” “No sir, you don’t have any cover for your motorbike, only for your Suzuki SV650 car” “There’s no such thing as an SV650 car! It’s a motorbike!” “No sir, you don’t have any cover for your motorbike…”

tony_m
    Free Member

Green Flag / Direct Line.

bobgarrod
    Free Member
    thegreatape
    Free Member

Also with autoaid, claimed once, cheque back within the week.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

AA bailed me out spectacularly when the Focus alternator went hard short and drained the battery flat 180miles from home.

huws
    Free Member

I own an old Saab (not an architect but i do design buildings) and the AA have been fine on the numerous occasions I’ve used them.

On a happier note it passed it’s MOT today. WHOOOOP.

Ps. Saab doctor in Ealing is good for parts and service.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I use Britannia Breakdown after the bad experiences with the main two.

Mike_D
    Free Member

+1 for Autoaid, cheap as chips, had to use a couple of times and has been as agreeable as breaking down on a motorway in the pissing rain with kids in the back is ever likely to get. Just don’t forget to claim 😉

cp

Have used aa twice brilliant both times. Think its one of those industries where it’s all much of a muchness, always some bad experiences.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Car break down services’ is closed to new replies.