Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • car audio aux/bluetooth question – does such a thing exist?
  • sadexpunk

at present i have a little clarity dab adaptor living in my armrest cubbyhole plugged into fag lighter. its also plugged into aux, so its constantly tuned to 6 music.

if i want to play spotify/deezer, i go into the armrest cubbyhole, unplug the aux from dab, plug it into phone, leave the phone in cubbyhole and press play.

is there any kind of ‘aux splitter’, maybe with a bluetooth adaptor on the end so i dont have to plug/unplug stuff, i can just leave it as is in the cubbyhole? so if i decide to play deezer, i just switch bluetooth on, hit play and away i go rather than a wired connection?

i realise that its unlikely, as you cant have two separate aux feeds, so itd have to have some sort of switch on it, but just wondered if something like this existed.

if it doesnt, then next best would just be a bluetooth adaptor that i can plug into aux and id have to switch cables. this would still be better than a wired aux to phone connection, so any recommendations on a unit?

thanks

squirrelking
    Free Member

By AUX what are you actually saying? Is it a box that plugs into the back of your head unit and has a phono in? Or is it a native 3.5mm jack inside the glove box?

If it’s the 3.5mm jack you can get 2 way splitters from pound shops that let you plug in two male jacks, I use one on the back of my computer for my headphones and the speakers with no issues.

If phono you might need to do more buggering about but it can still be done with the right combination of adaptors.

teethgrinder
    sadexpunk

By AUX what are you actually saying? Is it a box that plugs into the back of your head unit and has a phono in? Or is it a native 3.5mm jack inside the glove box?

its an octavia, the aux is a little socket in the armrest cubbyhole.

If it’s the 3.5mm jack you can get 2 way splitters from pound shops that let you plug in two male jacks, I use one on the back of my computer for my headphones and the speakers with no issues.

do you mean like this?
    firstly, if so, look down the page to the ‘frequently bought together’ bit…. all 3 look the same to me, are they? and secondly, i can see how theyd work for using 2 lots of headphones plugged into one unit say, but thats different from what im asking isnt it? how would the stereo unit know which source to play through aux if there were 2 outputs?

Like this?

aye, that looks like itd work great thanks, ill give that a go if it all ties in with the above ^^^

thanks

squirrelking
    Free Member

But you’re only using one output at once aren’t you? So the stereo doesn’t need to know which source to draw from.

All those things are exactly the same so either will do; you just buy whichever suits your needs best, plug your DAB adaptor and Bluetooth reciever in and you’re good to go. Just don’t use both at once as it’ll sound shit 😉

sadexpunk

yeah, spose thats what i was asking, whatd happen if both were switched on, which would it choose, id have expected a switch or something. im assuming your answer means both would come out in a mishmash.

all looking good then, thanks chaps, ill get them ordered.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Ah, no seemingly such a simple thing doesn’t exist. Bonkers, I know.

sadexpunk

about to press ‘buy’ on the link above ^^^ but wife has just spotted this one thats cheaper, but down from £40.

can anyone techy tell me if the second ones a better buy please? just read at the bottom ‘And please make sure there is “Audio Ground Loop Isolator” in your car, otherwise, it will cause different levels of noise during use. but i havent a clue what that means….

sadexpunk

bumpity bump? ^^^

lerk
    Free Member

Both Chinese and both do more or less the same… Buy the cheapest!

nixie
    traildog
    Free Member

I must be being stupid as I really don’t understand what you are trying to do!

Why don’t you plug just your phone into the Aux and use that? What is the point of the extra DAB thingy?

sadexpunk

thanks chaps

I must be being stupid as I really don’t understand what you are trying to do!

Why don’t you plug just your phone into the Aux and use that? What is the point of the extra DAB thingy?
    at the moment i have a dab adaptor plugged into aux, sitting in my armrest cubbyhole, glued to 6 music, so no need to touch it. when the cars on, 6 musics on.
    for those moments when 6 music is less than excellent (think cerys, gilles, jarvis etc) i like to stick deezer on my phone and play it.
    i now have a choice. either root about in the cubbyhole for the dab, disconnect the aux, plug it into phone, try and stuff everything back into the cubbyhole without scratching phone, and thus eliminating any fast forwarding of tracks etc…

or…. i could have everything already connected using one of those bluetooth thingies ^^^ so i just stick my bluetooth enabled phone in ‘satnav position’ on the dash, press play, and off we go.

i hope.

nixie

so i just stick my bluetooth enabled phone in ‘satnav position’ on the dash, press play, and off we go.

The one I linked above has forward, back and play/pause so phone can stay in your pocket or man bag.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘car audio aux/bluetooth question – does such a thing exist?’ is closed to new replies.