Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Car Alloy wheels advice.
  • PlumzRichard
    Free Member

Whats the best place for some nice alloy wheels? Looking for some 15s i think. Nothing to expencive

steveh

ASsuming you have a fairly standard car then I’d go with ebay. Just put astra alloy or whatever in to the search engine and you’ll probably find someone selling a set of original ones. I’ve bought a couple of sets this way for 100 or less. Don’t forget non standard alloys or different sizes need to be reported to the insurance company.

Hohum
    Free Member

Make sure you buy ones with the correct offset.

Ebay is a good place to start.

What kind of car is it? A lot of marques have their internet forums with classifieds similar to here.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

its a vauxhall combo 2006. no decent web shops?

coffeeking
    Free Member

You need to know the correct bolt circle diameter, the correct offset, the correct rim width for your tyres (if keeping them) and the correct spigot diameter for the wheel centre.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

this is not sounding as easy as i had planned

Hohum
    Free Member

These look okay

alloys

How about these badboys?

page down a bit

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

that secound link is awsome!

Hohum
    Free Member

PlumzRichard – Member
    that secound link is awsome!

Buy them then 🙂

And as they came off a VX you will not have to worry about offset and PCD, but you may have to buy some new tyres.

Mugboo

I spent hours researching alloys for my Transporter and came to the conclusion that genuine VW or Audi wheels were the way to go.

Avoid those cheapo wheels, by all accounts they will buckle. Do your research as regards the above advice.

And a good powdercoater can work wonders with scuffed wheels but if there buckled there kaput! CAS coatings in Bradford restored my 17″ wheels for £105 in met grey.

steveh

Easiest source for a combo is corsa, you’ll easily find a half decent set with some tyres for 100 on ebay if you’re not in a masive rush.

TheFlyingOx

Best place I’ve seen online is D P Motorsport. Gets very good reviews from the Jap tuning scene.

Also, Topgear seem reasonably priced, but I don’t know what their service is like.

solamanda
    Free Member

As above, just go ebay and get something that was a standard fit for your car model, (double check with another source as ebay sellers aren’t always sure what they are selling). Usually means cheap alloys and no need to tell insurers. Simples.

Beware of the temptation to get big alloys. Usually smaller diameters are significantly cheaper to buy replacement tyres, offer better grip on a rough road and better ride quality.

petrieboy

MigWeb is the go to forum for Vauxhall stuff. Someone there will sort you out. Stick to oem stuff and make sure the load rating is up to spec considering it’s a commercial vehicle and you won’t go far wrong.

cxthompson
    Free Member

Whats the best place for some nice alloy wheels? Looking for some 15s i think.

I’m guessing on your car? They’d look silly in your lounge.

downshep

Combo was constructed as a commercial vehicle. Best to ask the insurer first, even if you plan on using original VX Corsa alloys. No point modifying then giving the assessor an easy out if you claim.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Car Alloy wheels advice.’ is closed to new replies.