Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Car advice – problem with VAG ABS??
  • oldgrump08
    Free Member

I've been warned off fairly recent 2.0 diesel Golf & Leons because of a problem with the ABS system which is expensive to repair and VAG haven't acknowledged as a warranty issue.
    Anybody know anything about the problem?

Macavity
    Free Member
    molgrips
    Free Member

First I've heard of it. Why on earth would ABS issue not be warranty? IT can't be something significant. Must be a 'percieved problem' like the Prius braking one.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

It's the system supplied by Teves apparently. No idea why it's not been taken up as a warranty issue, but costs a fair bit to put right.

molgrips
    Free Member

What's the issue then?

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh, googled it – there's an third party fix that saves tons of money apparently:

http://www.ecutesting.com/vw_golf_touran_abs_pump_module.html

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Cheers molgrips – so if the unit's been changed I should be ok, or pay those boys £350 to sort it 😉

andydicko
    Free Member

Hmmmm, not fit for purpose springs to mind, it realistically must last for 6 years!!!!

richcc
    Free Member

Mine had this problem, which I suspect was caused by MOT at 3 yrs. Managed to get my ABS pump replaced under warranty as I was still a day inside 3 yrs. Would have been a £1600 job according to garage. VW are a bit naughty, are aware of it but haven't sorted it through recall. They will pay towards repair if challenged.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

That's what I heard, thanks for the info.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Car advice – problem with VAG ABS??’ is closed to new replies.