Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Capel Mounth
  • ian martin
    Free Member
    robbie
    Free Member

Done this last year. Great route with a bit of everything. Take plenty spare tubes and watch out for the water bars. Good bit of shouldering the bike too. Have fun.

ian martin
    Free Member

I’m running tubeless but will pack a couple of tubes also, looks like I’ll be doing it solo too. I’m looking forward to it, thanks for the comment.

BigR

It is not a bad route if the weather is good otherwise most of the ride back from Loch Muick is a bit bleak. The more fun way from Sandy’s shed is to take the little path heading northeast rather than following the landrover track which runs along the ridge. The first path drops you at the west end of the loch and you can cycle round the north shore past the old hunting lodge and then join the Capel Mounth track.

ian martin
    Free Member

BigR,

The trail you mention looks very steep on the map, how difficult is it?

Ian

bajsyckel

Ian, the track mentioned is reasonably steep, but nothing silly. The surface is loose in places ad t’s reasonably narrow. It isn’t a massively difficult descent though as long as you keep your speed under control. It’s a much preferable option in my opinion. When finishing this at the loch there is also a tempting singletrack runing around the east side of the loch to pick up the landrover track as it descends from the tops. The main track around the west side is much more sensible option (lots of stop-start etc. otherwise). It’s a good route all in all.

maddyutah

Was up last month Really enjoy this route.From the pony hut drop to loch muick via corrie chash belter of a descent,(never tried the other path as a descent)round muick clockwise and up the capel road to take you to the capel mounth descent,which is also high grin factor and back to glen doll carpark

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Capel Mounth’ is closed to new replies.