Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cape Argus
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Anyone done this, gone through the entry system before, how easy is it to enter etc from abroad . . .

biggest organised bike race in the world apparently?

headfirst
    Free Member

Not done it myself but my stepdad’s done it for the past 6 years, I’m very jealous! I believe that there are a certain number of international entries available. If I could get the time off work I’d do it like a shot. Can be very windy or very hot or both though!

Buzzard
    Free Member

Ive done this many times. First as I was in SA and twice as an international entrant. Easy to get in via international entrant (or was 3 years ago) just contact the PedalPower Association and they will sort you out. You then go into the international seeding group which is pretty far back. As a result I always sent recent results (road or mtb)to them to back up my claim for a spot higher up the seeding. With an event that has so many people the further up the field you are the better. I think my last start was in C group which was amazing as the bunch (100 plus riders) drags you along till Smitswinkel climb – if you crest with them then you have a free ride all the way till Chappies. Route has slightly changed in the last few years but the golden standard is a sub 3hr

Buzzard
    Free Member

As an aside – hands down the most amazing road ride Ive ever done, including numerous rides through the Alps, the Pyrenees and in Italy. The scenery is out of this world but the support is something like you have never seen. Think olympic road race and you will have some idea.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cape Argus’ is closed to new replies.